Should you tell your coords to cache owner?

Guest wizmedic

Guest wizmedic

is sport. Instead of upgrading my equipment I am ready to drop geocaching altogether. (handle name)"

So I was a bit shocked eek.gif to see this email from a fellow geocacher. I didnt mean to upset anyone by helping them with the coords that I had. When I put out my first cache, I was a few (28 feet) feet off from what I put down on the geocaching page. And fellow geocachers where nice enough to let me know their coords to my cache. So, my question is, should you tell the owners that their cache coords are off per your GPS, or just leave it and be happy that you found the cache?

confused.... confused.gif

WizMedic

Guest bridaw

quote:
Originally posted by wizmedic:

... Well, this morning, I got this email:

"Wiz. Check my coords? You must be up there in the geo social circle to even suggest it. Lets compare: mine 40/37.260 111/51.200 yours 40/37.259 111/51.195 Notice that both my lat/lon end in zero? Ever heard of Magellan Pioneer? (it's older than some children in this sport) WAAS? Get real. Sorry if you the one to catch the brunt of my wrath, but I am sick of the "elitist" attitude I have been getting from many (almost all I encounter) in this sport. Instead of upgrading my equipment I am ready to drop geocaching altogether. (handle name)"

I would not lose too much sleep over it. I think you did the right thing and that person was a jerk for sending you mail like that.

Maybe they woke up on the wrong side of the bed and had a bad day/week/month.... I see many people post updated coordinates on cache pages as a courtesy to the next cache hunter. I have posted updated coordinates without suggesting the cache hider update them. I simply point out when I found it, I was at x.xxxx / x.xxxx. It really is a bummer to hunt and hunt only to find the original coordinates were not accurate.

He should "get real" and lighten up. Funny how he points out attitude.... icon_smile.gif

------------------

Brian & Terry

San Diego, CA

[This message has been edited by bridaw (edited 28 August 2001).]

Guest bridaw

quote:

... Well, this morning, I got this email:

"Wiz. Check my coords? You must be up there in the geo social circle to even suggest it. Lets compare: mine 40/37.260 111/51.200 yours 40/37.259 111/51.195 Notice that both my lat/lon end in zero? Ever heard of Magellan Pioneer? (it's older than some children in this sport) WAAS? Get real. Sorry if you the one to catch the brunt of my wrath, but I am sick of the "elitist" attitude I have been getting from many (almost all I encounter) in this sport. Instead of upgrading my equipment I am ready to drop geocaching altogether. (handle name)"

I would not lose too much sleep over it. I think you did the right thing and that person was a jerk for sending you mail like that.

Maybe they woke up on the wrong side of the bed and had a bad day/week/month.... I see many people post updated coordinates on cache pages as a courtesy to the next cache hunter. I have posted updated coordinates without suggesting the cache hider update them. I simply point out when I found it, I was at x.xxxx / x.xxxx. It really is a bummer to hunt and hunt only to find the original coordinates were not accurate.

He should "get real" and lighten up. Funny how he points out attitude.... icon_smile.gif

------------------

Brian & Terry

San Diego, CA

[This message has been edited by bridaw (edited 28 August 2001).]

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:

Hey all...

...their coords to my cache. So, my question is, should you tell the owners that their cache coords are off per your GPS, or just leave it and be happy that you found the cache?

confused.... icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:

Hey all...

...their coords to my cache. So, my question is, should you tell the owners that their cache coords are off per your GPS, or just leave it and be happy that you found the cache?

confused.... icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Elwood

when someone sends me altered coords to one of my caches i do try to keep an open mind, and i do try to recheck to see who is right, but i accept the fact that gps accuracy is not a on the mony thing every time, i have gone caching with other people, and if you put 3 gpsr's on the same spot on the ground you will likely get 3 different sets of coords.so i take it all with a grain of salt, ....but in the case of my DUCKWALK cache, i did revise the coords after numerous people said they ended up in the wrong spot, you can read the logs here:http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3389

Elwood

Guest Markwell

I will tell the cacher about incorrect coords if they are significantly off.

If what he posted (his 40° 37.260 111° 51.200 yours 40° 37.259 111° 51.195) were correct, those are only off by 23.86 feet - much less than the error that you would get from a GPSR. Why bother, you could be off by 20 feet and he could be off by 20 feet. I think getting that close is pretty darn good.

On the other hand, if it had been off by 100 or 150 feet, that's worth considering, and I (as the cache's owner) would want to know. But why bother with telling people their coords are off when you could be incorrect, also, and they very well both could be off?

It does make you sound a little elitist - but I wouldn't have responded so curtly as he did.

Guest mudbug65

Most cachers don't use WAAS and the best accuracy you can achieve without it is only about 50 feet. This can be compounded by the fact that someone else may come along later and be within this margin of error but on the OPPOSITE side of the posted coordinates from where the cache is actually hidden. Unless the coordinates are off by MORE than 80 feet you really shouldn't mention it. (IMHO) I never expect to find the container EXACTLY where my GPS zeros out and I've located them 125, 450 and over 600 feet from the posted location.

The guy you referred to did react a little strongly to your log entry but you gotta understand that most folks would consider his coordinates to be almost dead on.

Guest HomeChicken

oice. The Finder will most likely plug in the cache owners coords, and if he has any trouble finding it he will try using your readings and maybe even post that the hiders coords are also off. Thus making the owner doubly mad! Thus making him have to send two nasty emails off!

I truthfully post the coors I get if I think the hiders are off. And if the owner was to email me something like that I'll tell him to delete my log or jump through a rolling donut! HA!

------------------

Bought a eTrex Legend on 7/24/01

I was part of or placed these Caches

Sun rising over Mt.Rubidoux

Urban Jungle

Rising sun over Chicken Coop

Need to rate your own Cache?

Geocache Rating System

Guest k2dave

on my geocache hide page I make a note that I do not want WAAS waypoints posted on my geocache page. I would not mind if the finder emailed them to me - I would look to make sure I am w/in a reasonable error but I wouldn't post the WAAS waypoint and I request that the finders don't post WAAS waypoints either. If they must post their own waypoint on the log in section I request they turn WAAS off and get the waypoint that way.

I feel part of geocaching is the search once you find the area with the gps. WAAS limits this too much.

Guest k2dave

Also I think the cache owner should have mentioned that he was only giving 2 decimal digits on the description and that's how he wants it. By not mentioning it you have to assume 3 decimal digits (I know this site will add a 0 but he should have made a note) - his mistake not your's.

Guest Ron Bopp

I recently hid a cache at a conservation area, the first cacher said that the coords were 90' off, the next cacher stated the coords took him right to it, Go Figure! Semohiker (Ron)

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

I will tell the cacher about incorrect coords if they are significantly off.

... Why bother, you could be off by 20 feet and he could be off by 20 feet. I think getting that close is pretty darn good.

On the other hand, if it had been off by 100 or 150 feet, that's worth considering, and I (as the cache's owner) would want to know. But why bother with telling people their coords are off when you could be incorrect, also, and they very well both could be off?

So, if my reading is off 100 feet, is it my GPSR or yours? I would like to know what every reading was at my cache site. Then I could decide what was significant. Some might think being 20 feet off is insignificant, but if the coordinates of 9 out of 10 indicated they were all 20 feet off and in a similar location, they my original coords might be, and probably are off.

You did the right thing wizmedic. Just let it roll off. They guy just sounds like he's wound a little too tight. I would report the data in a matter-of-fact, FYI kind of way and let him deal with what he does with it. One time, a cache I found was over 0.1 miles from the posted location. How I found it was another story, but once I did, I averaged for a good 20 minutes and sent him the new coords. He was appreciative and stated the day he placed it was heavy overcast.

Lou

Guest tslack2000

I figured out which cache you were talking about and read your log. I'm not sure if you edited your log or not as there were no coords listed in your description. I think I might know part of the reason for his tone.

In your log you stated, "...I even had one of the people from the school ask me what I was doing. After explaining to them what geocaching was and my Magellan 330, they still didnt seem to happy to have that cache there. You might want to talk to someone at the school and get the okay to have it there, or I am sure it will be gone soon."

The fact that you suggest that the cache may soon be gone or is in a bad spot might account for some of the "tone" in the email he sent you. There are obviously other issues playing into his email as well, but I still don't think he should have sent you such a nasty email. I'm happy to have other coordinates posted seeing as how I'm running an old Eagle Explorer. When people find my caches I'm so relieved!! As far as posting the coordinates where you found the cache, I say keep on doing it. I'm sure this was just an isolated incident.

I think the guy came back a bit too strong but... complaining (educating) about an error of less than .005 degrees is very elitist. "MY" coordinates are better than "YOUR" coordinates, get over it. If this was nothing but walking out to a spot bending over and picking up a cache I would have quit after about a week. I have found two caches that were off by a quarter mile, I noted in my log that they seemed off but didn't log the coords I got, if I could find them I figured others could work it out too. Out of 33 finds I don't think more than a couple were right on within the error you were looking at. Magellan 315

Rusty...

------------------

Rusty & Libby's Geocache Page

Guest Moss Trooper

Personnaly speakin.. I thought half the fun was huntin fer the thing anyway.. sorta takes it away if yer walk straight up to a cache and log it.

Moss

Guest wizmedic

that you suggest that the cache may soon be gone or is in a bad spot might account for some of the "tone" in the email he sent you. There are obviously other issues playing into his email as well, but I still don't think he should have sent you such a nasty email. I'm happy to have other coordinates posted seeing as how I'm running an old Eagle Explorer. When people find my caches I'm so relieved!! As far as posting the coordinates where you found the cache, I say keep on doing it. I'm sure this was just an isolated incident.

tslack2000... sorry to say but that is the wrong cache that I am talking about.

Anyways, what I have decided to do is just keep my log free of coords. If I happen to know the owner well and know he isnt going to fly off the handle with the coords that I had, then I might tell him/her what I had. Thanks for all the messages on this subject....

Cheers....

When I find a cache and my coordinates very from the owners I post in my log where I found it. I don't expect the owner to change his coordinates because it could be mine that were wrong.

So the next person goes out there and can not find the cache at the owners's coordinates. They take a look at their printout and see my log with the co-ords I found it at. They try seeking at those co-ords and find it.

Guest tslack2000

Wizmedic

Since you and I are in the same caching territory, I just want to let you know that I would appreciate it if you would report your coords on any of my caches that you happen to find. I find it to be quite helpful. More than once I've reffered to coords in the logs to help me find a cache that seems to be getting the better of me.

I'm sorry that I refferred to the wrong cache when quoting you. Next time I'll take my research one step further and make sure I know what I'm talking about.

Guest wizmedic

Hey...

Thanks for your email I just read. Dont worry about your message here. Doesnt make me upset. I try everyday not to 'piss' anyone off. But no matter how hard you try, it seems to happen. Thanks again for your email.

Cheers! icon_biggrin.gif

Guest wizmedic

Hey...

Thanks for your email I just read. Dont worry about your message here. Doesnt make me upset. I try everyday not to 'piss' anyone off. But no matter how hard you try, it seems to happen. Thanks again for your email.

Cheers! icon_biggrin.gif

I suppose every person is different. I am very interested in what other people's coordinates are, and as such, I request then to be logged in my caches. That way I can see firsthand how different everyone's reading can be. Sometimes I average the readings to see if I can come up with a better set.

Regards...

Scott

redd@interbug.com

http://interbug.com/pigeon

Guest brownbag

Hey wizmedic. Post those coordinates. Unlike at least one poster, I don't find stomping through weeds and making lots of new trail while looking for a cache that is 20, 30, 40 feet off to be a good time. I went to the cache to see a new place I've not been before. I did not go to see lots of new brambles and bushes that look like any other brambles and bushes in this part of the state.

I've used the additional coordinates posted in logs many times. They are usually more accurate that the original posters. I would love it if the person who put out a cache listed the type of GPS they used. I can guarantee the coordinates coming off my Map 330 are way better than the ones off my old Garmin GPS 45. Anytime I get good WAAS averaged coordinates that are far enough off the original ones to make a difference in finding the cache, or to keep a person from trampling an area that can't stand the trampling, I'll post it. I've said that I'm probably being anal in the post, but I still do it. Please continue to do it too. One email from a jerk does not make it a community opinion.

Guest ceodell

My experience with finding just 6 caches is that my GPS coords are often 30 to 100 feet off from the published ones. But even when I've stated that in my logs, I've just been making an observation about the limitations of ordinary GPS receivers in wooded, hilly terrain. I once placed my GPSR (Magellan 315)in the window sill of my den, and logged all the NMEA output to my PC. I then plotted all the positions using Excel. In just 40 minutes time, the GPSR "wandered" 80 feet NE and back, and then 80 feet SW and back. This demonstrates quite graphically what can happen when you get a bad fix (the GPSR was obscured for about 180 degrees by the den), and bad fixes are common in heavily wooded areas with steep hills or cliffs. I'm sure that WAAS will revolutionize both the planting of caches and the finding, but there will always be some uncertainty. It just makes us use our own brains, eyes, and other senses; that's ultimately how I've found most of the caches. Keep burying 'em, an d I'll keep finding 'em! CEOdell

Guest Elwood

quote:
Originally posted by brownbag: One email from a jerk does not make it a community opinion.[/b]

Amen.

and by the way just for everyones information, my gps is accurate to within 3 centimeters on an average day. i just have problems dodging the flying pigs.

i wish folks would accept comentary for what it is, just one cacher trying to help another, nobody says you have to use the recommended coords, try em , you might like em!

------------------

"Well.... if theres a bright center to the universe, you are on the planet that is farthest from." (Luke Skywalker, Star Wars)

Guest Choberiba
Originally posted by brownbag:

Unlike at least one poster, I don't find stomping through weeds and making lots of new trail while looking for a cache that is 20, 30, 40 feet off to be a good time.

I'll admit to feeling pretty much the same way. Looking around can be fun but can also get old in a hurry.

I spent an hour this afternoon looking under logs and moving branches. Enough time went by that several people managed to walk by and give me exceedingly odd looks.

The coordinates given were well within what I read here as acceptable tolerance. With the tree cover as dense as it was, this may not have had anything to do with coordinates.

Yesterday's cache was within two feet of what my GPSR claimed was ground zero, so I may have had unrealistic expectations.

These are the only two caches I've sought.

Guest Vagabond

A lot of the caches in the San Diego area are in brushy hillside areas when I get close to the coords I start looking for smaller trails leading off of the trail you would be surprised how many caches I've been able to walk right to, just by following previous cachers to the site. If the coords are off by very much you can see what the damage can be to an area, the more cachers the more damage. So what I'm trying to say is

yes post your coords. then if it can't be found by the owners coords yours can be used

Wiz - I'm gonna have to come down in the favor of the person who placed the cache. Maybe his or her tone was a bit strong, but I think it would offend me if you (or anyone else) logged the cache and "corrected" my coordinates. If I were WAY off, you would be justified in making a note in the log that you were using WAAS and found the coordinates to be far out of line, and sending me polite email telling me what you think the coordinates are. It did come off a bit elitist to me -- "my GPS/Coordinates are better than yours". I'm sure you did not mean it that way - perhaps it's a small cultural difference. I try to be creative and drop nice, well-thought caches. I'm proud of them; they are my children. 20-30 feet is normal for us non-WAAS folks and most of the time that's the best we can do. My opinion is this:

DO: Hunt my cache, find it, take something, leave something and have fun.

DO: Tell me if it's gone, trashed, or my coords are way off. If there is something you don't like about the cache, let me know and I'll decide what to do about it.

Please do not: Move it, post alternate coords, or otherwise try to add your improvements to my cache.

Just my two cents. Seems as we grow, our diversity assets itself. Many of us like the challenge of the hunt, others want more exact coordiantes they can nail right to the target. There's room for us all.

Guest brokenwing

I guess I'm with BigFig on this one. It's silly to expect that the receiver is going to lead you directly to the cache. Sometimes we get lucky and get really close. Other times, we are way off and out of frustration, we want to place blame. It's natural to think: "that darn poster, if only their coordinates were correct, I'd have found this thing an hour ago!" The reality is that anything within the stated accuracy of your receiver is all you can reasonably expect. Since the stated accuracy of consumer grade handheld GPSR's is 49 feet, anything that distance or closer is acceptable.

There is a neocacher in this area that has taken it upon himself to ?correct? the posters of caches he finds. He actually is putting things in logs like, ?You may wish to go back an revise your lat and long though, its off by more than a few feet.? And from another cache: ?great cache though you may want to revise your coordinates.? Frankly, that just makes him look dumb in my book.

Unless the coordinates are over 100 feet off, and you have good reason to believe that your coordinates are better than the posters, don?t post such stuff in logs. If you want to, feel free to log something like: ?I had a really tough time finding this one since my receiver only got me to within about 50 feet of the cache.? You?re not placing blame, but you still get to vent?

Just my humble opinion,

brokenwing

------------------

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

Guest wizmedic

Like I stated above, I don't plan on telling cache owners the coords that I get even if it is miles or feet off. I am out here to have fun, but not to mess up the land looking for a cache. Also, I never stated that my GPS is better than your GPS. I am just lucky enough to have access to WAAS and I use it. That is why I paid the extra to have a M330. My thoughts are geocache owners should be open minded enough to have other cachers tell them their coords. Even now I still get cachers that say that they got different coords than what I have. And I don't get upset that they got different coords. Being a paramedic for as long as I have been, it is my nature to help people. Patients, lower level of Medical training (EMTs), and my new hobby - Geocaching. Again like I said here and my other message, I don't plan on telling the owner my coords so I don't make the same mistake twice.

Cheers....

Guest brokenwing

ia email.

On another note, I have noticed that other M330 owners in my area seem to get similar results to me on caches hunts. By looking at the logs of those I know have a Magellan, I have seen a definite pattern. Likewise, with eTrex users. My conjecture is that eTrex users will generally get closer to a cache placed by an eTrex user, and Magellan users will get closer to a cache placed by a fellow Magellan user. I can only speculate as to why, since I have no proof that this is true. Has anyone else seen this pattern?

Thanks,

brokenwing

------------------

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

Guest Vagabond

I'm using an old Lowrance globalnav 212. Out of almost 90 caches maybe 8 have zeroed out maybe 65 have been within 10 feet the rest range out to 30 40 feet. It seems like the more knowedgeable the cache placer is, the closer the coords are to being on. I'm always a little leery about new cache placers that have only found a couple of caches it seems like those are the ones that are further off. I don't know how many caches that person has found or placed, but I think he was wrong in jumping you the way he did.

Mi dos centavos valer

Guest Rock Dogs

Hello. The jerk here. Since my email has been the fodder for world wide discussion a while now, I feel I should respond. With the exception of Markwell, Mudbug65, and Rusty no one noticed the fact that the coords I listed are as dead on as is possible with my GPSR. The coords are within .005 degrees. Others have agreed with the elitist label I used. Now it appears that many don't really want have to search around at all. What they really seem to care about is a high "caches found" number or bragging rights concerning accuracy. Three centimeters? What fun. Now let me explain my strong reaction. The first two or so months my family and I were involved in geocaching, my daughter was always the one asking when we could go on our next hunt. After meeting several cachers with holier than thou attitudes, it is I who has to prod my daughter to go caching.( This is a regional "attitude problem" I believe.) I worked hard at getting the right coords and I resent being told that I need to be accurate within less than twenty feet. I'm sorry I lashed out as strongly as I did. If I had known that my email would be posted on the forum, I would have mentioned that this is a S.L.C./ Wasatch front problem as far as I can tell. I am debating with myself as to if I will place any other caches if I don't upgrade my GPSR.

Guest brokenwing

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Dogs:

With the exception of Markwell, Mudbug65, and Rusty no one noticed the fact that the coords I listed are as dead on as is possible with my GPSR. The coords are within .005 degrees.

Actually, I noticed this as well, but I was trying to make this a general discussion instead of a Wizmedic vs. Rock Dogs issue. This seems to be a common issue all over, so I wanted to look at it from a global perspective. See my previous post about this happening in North Texas.

quote:

I am debating with myself as to if I will place any other caches if I don't upgrade my GPSR.

If you want to upgrade, great! Otherwise, don't sweat it. You might consider doing as k2dave suggested above, and in your posting make note of the fact that your GPS is only accurate to 2 decimal digits. This way, folks know ahead of time what to expect.

Thanks,

brokenwing

edetd 'cuz I kan't spel icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by brokenwing (edited 06 September 2001).]

Guest brokenwing

quote:

With the exception of Markwell, Mudbug65, and Rusty no one noticed the fact that the coords I listed are as dead on as is possible with my GPSR. The coords are within .005 degrees.

Actually, I noticed this as well, but I was trying to make this a general discussion instead of a Wizmedic vs. Rock Dogs issue. This seems to be a common issue all over, so I wanted to look at it from a global perspective. See my previous post about this happening in North Texas.

quote:

I am debating with myself as to if I will place any other caches if I don't upgrade my GPSR.

If you want to upgrade, great! Otherwise, don't sweat it. You might consider doing as k2dave suggested above, and in your posting make note of the fact that your GPS is only accurate to 2 decimal digits. This way, folks know ahead of time what to expect.

Thanks,

brokenwing

edetd 'cuz I kan't spel icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by brokenwing (edited 06 September 2001).]

Guest Vagabond

To Rock dogs if the coordinates were that close I wouldn't have said anything about them being off, but on the other hand I wouldn't have written a Email to the poster either. My main concern is for the torn up vegetation when the coordinates are off by a bit. You know and I know the City or County Or State or Federal parks or BLM or Forest service will not put up with it for long before they kick us out, then where will we be.

If someone has a problem with a cache, are they the only one or are there others look at it that way if they're the only one ignore it.

And no I'm not an elitist my gpsr model hasn't been made in two years my personal unit is almost 4 years old, but it does have the latest update for it

Also if you go back and read my posts you'll see where I'm more concerned about the vegetation then the coords.

And don't quit just because someone got under your skin

[This message has been edited by Vagabond (edited 06 September 2001).]

Rock Dogs,

my quote about my gps being within 3 centimeters on an average day was a joke, NOT an eletist attitude.my gps is as inacurate as the next guys, with the exception of the military, or someone with real deep pockets.

my appologies to you personally for including the quote in my post that i did, that wasnt directed at you personally, since i didnt know who the person was that wizmedic was refering to at the time, it was meant to remind people that this is a game, that the comunity as a whole when they post coords on someones cache site is just trying to be helpful to others, i dont take it as eletist, nor do i think those posting it are posting it as eletist, just folks trying to be helpful. its not just a slc thing either, it happens everywhere its human nature to do i think, just keep an open mind if someone posts a set of coords, i doubt if anyone is trying to say you dont know what you are doing, they r just attempting to be helpful, and who knows, they might be right, as was the case with my first cache, and i changed the coords, once i realised that the folks posting were correct.

dont take it personal, cuz i dont believe it was meant that way.

Elwood

[This message has been edited by Elwood (edited 06 September 2001).]

Guest brownbag

Rock Dogs:

It is interesting looking back at the logs of the cache in question, because I thought WizMedics note was nice, and I notice that I followed up mentioning that it was his coordinates that helped me find the cache. Given the higher than usual failure rate for people finding this cache, it could make sense.

Since I have a high number of caches and have been on record as saying that I don't like spending an hour looking for a cache when good coordinates cut the search time a lot, I'd like to say something. I spent nearly an hour looking for the cache in question within what you would have to admit is not a huge area. When I tried WizMedics coordinates, it took less than 5 minutes to locate. Is this a case where I'm just trying to run up my numbers by using someone elses coordinates that were more accurate for me? I don't think so. If you plant a cache 30 feet from a church parking lot in a basically open field, you shouldn't expect it to take everyone an hour to find. If you are worried that people are using your cache to run up their numbers, put your cache halfway up a mountainside. I suspect that if the only caches I went to were next to parking lots in the middle of the city I could be accused of simply running up numbers.

Over this long weekend I spent 40 hours and drove almost 1,000 miles cache hunting. I went to caches that required driving 60 miles of bad dirt road. I passed a half dozen caches within 100 yards of the paved road I used to get there and didn't get any of them. I wanted the good cache, not just the easy cache. I've hiked 6 hours only to get skunked on a cache. The cache we met you at was not exactly on the main tourist route. My point is that I would rather hike 2 hours than hike 1 hour and look through scrub oak and juniper for another hour because the coordinates were off enough to make finding the location of the cache very difficult.

How do I get a high number of caches than many cachers? We live in an area with lots of caches and I spend 15-20 hours a week chasing them every single week. Does that mean I'm trying to "run up my numbers" for some "elitist" reason? Not at all. It just means I'm an over the top cacher.

Guest logscaler

Hey guys, I have skimmed through these responses and I might have missed it but....

why not just e-mail the owner and work with them off the boards about their cords? I have also hooked my 315 to my laptop and let it run to see the jumps. I have recorded over a mile jump at time. The key here is time. We all will get different reading's at the same location throughout the day. I plant in the morning and you come at dusk. Different birds for the most part sending dif signals. You stand on one side of the cache for a reading, I was standing on the other. It will all work out in the end, if we all work as a general team instead of one against the others. TTFN, logscaler.