Garmin site links to Geocaching.com!

Guest bridaw

How cool! Copied from Garmin's website: "GARMIN even uses geocaching as a training activity to teach its new Product Support staff how to use our extensive line of GPS products!" "To find a hidden cache near you or to plant a cache, you should start with www.geocaching.com -- the first to bring geocaching to the masses and the most comprehensive site for this adventure-game."

http://www.garmin.com/outdoor/geocaching/index.html

------------------

Brian & Terry

San Diego, CA

[This message has been edited by bridaw (edited 04 September 2001).]

"Using a GARMIN GPS unit, they then trek out into the backwoods or urban jungles to find the hiding spot of the cache."

and

"You will need a GARMIN GPS unit to help you find or mark cache locations and Internet access for finding or sharing the coordinates."

Well, what do you know? I have a Garmin GPSR, but I had no clue it was required to play Geocaching. I wonder what the owners of non-Garmin units are doing for fun?

Scott

redd@interbug.com

http://interbug.com/pigeon

Guest ACotttingham

What I find funny is that the Garmin headquarters are about a mile down the road from me and they won't let us place a cache on their property. They blame it on liability which I can understand. There is a Garmin employee that caches around Kansas City and leaves patches behind. I think if Garmin wanted to be really supportive of our sport, they would give him demos to leave instead icon_biggrin.gif

Guest ACotttingham

What I find funny is that the Garmin headquarters are about a mile down the road from me and they won't let us place a cache on their property. They blame it on liability which I can understand. There is a Garmin employee that caches around Kansas City and leaves patches behind. I think if Garmin wanted to be really supportive of our sport, they would give him demos to leave instead icon_biggrin.gif

I sent them an email about a month ago asking why they didn't promote this sport. I got back a very nice email from Judd Annis that said Garmin was going to cover Geocaching more in the future, and to stay tuned. I guess they meant it!!

Jerry

Guest TresOkies

act doesn't surprise me.

The half a dozen Garmin employees I've spoken to all seem to be into all sorts of outdoor activities and their company culture supports it. They tend to be even geekier about GPS than most geocachers.

[This message has been edited by TresOkies (edited 06 September 2001).]