helping everyone

Guest madphatboy2

Guest madphatboy2

would it be worth while to set up a thread where cachers can go to to find special help or request things from cachers that specialize in that.? (ie- i build and sell computers, anybody need one?)

Guest sbukosky

For example, if you are a Geocacher and live in my area, I might consider doing business with you. If they are not forming already, I suspect that most larger areas will form chapters for a monthly meeting and social or something like that. Here there would be good occasion to network, sponsor newletters, donate cache items, coupons or whatever. Hmm, seems like it went a bit off the topic, but I think you see my point.

Steve Bukosky N9BGH

Waukesha Wisconsin

Guest madphatboy2

sbukosky,

selling computers was an example because i couldn't think of anything else at the time. (besides pepl from my area read these forums too.) but it doesn't have to be limited to business. it can be anything in need. just like the fellow that wanted a fake etrex for his son for christmas. that was taken care of over the forums. that type of thing is what i am talking about. lets say you have looked far and wide for hmm . . .purple playdough, and i have some. i could list on the forums that i make purple playdough, or you could post that you need some. the idea is not to limit it to business, but set up a forum (talk to jeremy and have him set up a heading like general) where people can find things that they need.

Guest ClayJar

Okay, I'll answer.

To me it seems utterly irrelevant. If a geocacher needs something geocaching-related, they ask. The forums are doing a great job of handling that. If it's a geographically-specific question, they ask it in the regional forums (or they are directed to the regional forums by those of us who reply icon_wink.gif).

If someone did setup a "generic classifieds" forum, I honestly wouldn't read it or use it. Although geocaching has moved up to be easily my primary hobby, it's not a religion or anything. I'll patronize places I know, and I'll continue to help people, but to me it's just another piece of the puzzle (that would look quite odd on its own).

Guest ClayJar

Okay, I'll answer.

To me it seems utterly irrelevant. If a geocacher needs something geocaching-related, they ask. The forums are doing a great job of handling that. If it's a geographically-specific question, they ask it in the regional forums (or they are directed to the regional forums by those of us who reply icon_wink.gif).

If someone did setup a "generic classifieds" forum, I honestly wouldn't read it or use it. Although geocaching has moved up to be easily my primary hobby, it's not a religion or anything. I'll patronize places I know, and I'll continue to help people, but to me it's just another piece of the puzzle (that would look quite odd on its own).