Ooo, so many ideas!

Gorade

My first geocache is going to be a multi cache, unfortuantly there aren't many caches in my area on eastern long island. I'm going to make a geocache that will take to you several nice places in East Hampton and i'm going to try and include local history into them, and hopefully i'll spark interest in geocaching and other people will make ones for me to find, hehehe

Ah, but if it's just ONE cache that takes you to multiple locations far apart, if they do a search on a zip code (I'm presuming that's how most of us started), it may not be near them even if one of the legs is.

What I'm trying to say is that if you are interested in sparking some caching, I would suggest make more single stage historical caches rather than a multi-stage.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

I'm not just going to have coordinates to the next cache in the lower level caches, they are going to be regular caches with coordinates or approx coordiantes + clues to another one. If someone does this they're going to have a very fun time and have a nice kayak ride =). I'm going to stock all the caches as well as I can. Plenty of vacationers with GPS's come out here with their families. I expect most of the people who do the first few will be people here for a few days with their kids, so im going to make the first few caches with plenty of toys for the kids.

People like increasing their # of finds.

Not everyone owns a kayak.

IMO, a multi-cache should be at one site (maening that you park once, get out and find the first cache, then walk around to other subcaches.)

I would recommend doing individual caches for each site. BUT for those who are able to do all the sites (Have the time, equipment, and interest) you can have clues in each individual cache to one final unlisted (or locationless) cache with extra nice stuff inside for the committed geocachers.

Seems like everyone's a winner that way - you'll get more traffic to your caches than an all-or-nothing multi-cache, and there are good challenges for both the casual and committed cachers in the area.

- Sue