# of caches within 100 miles of your zip-code

Guest wizonkiz

Guest bunkerdave

440 from 84660. I live about 25 miles south of Madphatboy, in Utah

Wow! I've only found 244 of those...is it Spring yet?

------------------

BunkerDave

N 40° 7.081, W 111° 38.851

quote:
Originally posted by Vagabond:

I was struck by an MG on the corner of Balboa and Genesee when I was four.

I get an eery feeling to this day when I drive through that part of SD.

Guest glenn95630

For me it is 481 caches (zip code 95630). That is from Folsom, a suburb that is east of Sacramento.

I messed around with this for a little while and think I may have found the 'winner'. There are 546 caches within 100 miles of zip code 95206. That is located in Stockton, California (about 60 miles south of Sacramento). That 100 miles circle includes the Bay area, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Napa Valley, Bodega Bay, Sacramento, and the Sacramento suburbs (Rocklin, Roseville). It also includes Yosemite, not that anyone would hide a cache there.

As a sidenote, there are 60 caches within 10 miles of my zip code.

Glenn95630

Guest kablooey

quote:
Originally posted by Watson:

Only 491 by the bay.

I guess it's all that ocean that lowers my count.

Only 446 down in the South Bay. I think it's Sonoma county that's lowering your count. There are only like three caches between San Rafael and Santa Rosa. But, you probably get a bunch in Sacramento.

Guest dan_edwards_1966

I live in Fort Collins, but I happen to know a zip for Colorado Springs of the top of my head.

80911 comes up with 88 Caches within 100 miles.

Mine, 80525, comes up with 92

I pulled the first one from the USPS web site for Denver, 80002, and it comes up with 128.

I must have too much time on my hands today. I checked on my zipcode and came up with 84.

Since the post office is 10 miles NW of me I checked 3 other zips that are closer. came up with 74, 70 and 78. after that I checked the furthest ones from me and came up with 73 from my own home. with that many maybe I need to spend more time hunting them instead of sitting here at the computer.

Guest gmagers

Hey, I thought there would be more....Oh well, I know what to do about that!!!! I need to place more caches icon_biggrin.gif I see that there are only 21 for me, I placed one of those, one is archived, three are only accessible by horseback (wilderness area - not sure if that is even within the spirit of the game), and six are in another country icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

------------------

"Because I said SO"

Guest gmagers

Hey, I thought there would be more....Oh well, I know what to do about that!!!! I need to place more caches icon_biggrin.gif I see that there are only 21 for me, I placed one of those, one is archived, three are only accessible by horseback (wilderness area - not sure if that is even within the spirit of the game), and six are in another country icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

------------------

"Because I said SO"

Guest adrafter

138 from 75090 - Sherman, TX as of 14 Jan 02

Some stats of those who have five (5) or more (as I counted them, mistakes are mine as I am only human):

Web-ling - 14 (10.1%)

Miss Rileigh - 8 (5.7%)

T-Storm, Brokewing and Geoferret - 7 (5.0%)

Howie + Sweet e - 6 (4.3%)

mcschaffer -6 (4.3%)

Guest wizonkiz

quote:
Originally posted by adrafter:

138 from 75090 - Sherman, TX as of 14 Jan 02

Some stats of those who have five (5) or more (as I counted them, mistakes are mine as I am only human):

Web-ling - 14 (10.1%)

Miss Rileigh - 8 (5.7%)

T-Storm, Brokewing and Geoferret - 7 (5.0%)

Howie + Sweet e - 6 (4.3%)

mcschaffer -6 (4.3%)

Thanks, Adrafter, that adds another interesting twist to my orginal question. Of the 62 in my area, I've found or hidden 44, which gives me a 70.9%

Guest blscearce

As of today, there are 519 zip codes that have more than 500 caches in them. Head of the list:

563 95366

560 95330

557 95368

556 95231

555 95336

554 95207

554 95206

553 95759

553 95356

553 95215

552 95203

551 95219

551 95209

551 95202

551 94531

550 95686

550 95205

I think those are all in California. You have to get down to about 500th place before you find a zip code without a leading 9: 08801, 08827 and 08829 have 503 caches.

Guest glenn95630

Very cool blscearce. Thanks for getting the data. Here is some location info:

95366 is Ripon, Califoria located 60 miles south of Sacramento and 60 miles east of Oakland.

All the 95xxx and the 94xxx zip codes listed are Northern California. I assume they are zip codes that are in the Stockton, Lodi, Ripon, Modesto area and can cover both Sacramento and the Bay Area.

The 08801 zip code is in the middle of New Jersey and appears to cover both New York City and Philadelphia.

Guest adrafter

quote:
Originally posted by wizonkiz:

Thanks, Adrafter, that adds another interesting twist to my orginal question. Of the 62 in my area, I've found or hidden 44, which gives me a 70.9%

Sorry wizonkiz that should have said ...of those who have HIDDEN .... The stats are for caches hidden not hidden and found (I told you I was only human) icon_redface.gif

Guest adrafter

quote:

Sorry wizonkiz that should have said ...of those who have HIDDEN .... The stats are for caches hidden not hidden and found (I told you I was only human) icon_redface.gif

Guest wizonkiz

quote:

Adrafter;

That was probably my fault for making the wrong assumption, but you did burst my bubble I'm down to 4.8% now.....later

[This message has been edited by wizonkiz (edited 15 January 2002).]

Guest wizonkiz

quote:

Adrafter;

That was probably my fault for making the wrong assumption, but you did burst my bubble I'm down to 4.8% now.....later

[This message has been edited by wizonkiz (edited 15 January 2002).]

quote:

I?ve been reading these forums for about 6 months now and I have a question that hasn?t really been discussed, unless I over-looked it. I know I could plug in everybody?s zip-code to get my own answers, but how many caches do YOU have within 100 miles of your zip-code. I see some of you are approaching the 400 found mark and I was curious about the density of caches in your areas. I have 62 with in 100 miles of 99003. Thanks???.WIZONKIZ

57, but that includes....what? the 5 i think i have placed.

Guest Ramness570

I live in 30078 but have to use our old zip 30278

197 in 100 miles

6 are mine

As of yesterday I have all caches with in 20 miles from home! With the exception of 2 travelors in caches I have allready visited, 1 group cache that hasn't been archived, and a cache that has several no finds in park that charges for entry.

------------------

Brian & TabascoX

Senior Member Southeast Xterra Club

Geocaching since October 2000.

Guest SherwoodForest

Someone already posted from another side of Cleveland, but form my side (south-west) it's 109, covering northern ohio, southeast michigan, and eastern PA.

What the heck this thread is getting long but I'll post, [ icon_smile.gif]

As of 01-22-02 there are 478 geocaches around the 10924 zip code.

There primarily in New York ad New Jersey but there are some in Pennsylvania and Connecticut.

What the heck this thread is getting long but I'll post, [ icon_smile.gif]

As of 01-22-02 there are 478 geocaches around the 10924 zip code.

There primarily in New York ad New Jersey but there are some in Pennsylvania and Connecticut.