Most difficult cache

Newfie

I'm curious, what's the most difficult cache ever hidden? Difficulty is subjective of course, what someone might think of as a tough hike someone else may consider a pleasant ramble. But there has to be elements of true difficulty that everyone can agree on. For example, I would consider anything involving scaling cliffs on ropes to be difficult. Anyone, anywhere, know of any true challenges?

Here's a couple of discussion threads on the topic...

What is the most difficult geocache in the world?

What is the most difficult geocache in the world?

Most difficult cache you've ever found/hidden?

Most difficult cache ever?

ridiculously difficult caches

One in the UK Forum

The Most difficult Cache

Mine:

Hard as PI

However, what we really need is a more robust search engine for the caches. See this thread for Jeremy's response. Something should be coming soon that can help answer this particular question.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

For my income and my 2 cents the most difficult cache is

Necker Cache (British Virgin Islands)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=1052 (N18 27.080 W 064 45.047)

It will cost me $10,000 plus air fare to visit this cache.

I have the nautical charts of the area and have studied it well. There is only on entrance by water to a guarded pier. There is only one entrance by air and that by heliocopter and you must have permission to land as a guest. Even as a Sailor and Scuba diver I can't cross the reefs on the opsite side of the island an sneak ashore on the private land. Not that I am suggesting I would ever consider doing such a thing. This give real meaning to a Difficulty level 5. I think is is not properly identified. I belive it is a 5.5 because it is nearly impossible.

AARGH [:rolleyes:] The Pirate