Geocaches and Confluences

Guest ErnieB

Guest ClayJar

I haven't seen any myself, but I've heard about a few confluence geocaches. We have a cache here in Louisiana that's not much over a crow-mile from a confluence (it's a couple miles driving around to the other side to get to the confluence).

Guest Markwell

Well, if you're talking "close" I'm sure there's a lot. We've got on in Chicago that is 1.88 GPS Miles from N42° W088° - and the cache needs a row boat to get to it!

But I think we're looking for actual caches at actual confluences, like the one in MO.

Guest Hawk-eye

There's one in Virginia called the "Elvis Confluence" ... we found it first and it's been sitting all alone on top of its own mountain ... one attempt by another team but no go.

Guest Nemesis

quote:
Originally posted by ErnieB:

Has there been any caches placed at Confluence locations?

I've got two in New Zealand. Deer Flat is a log book only divine geocache and Kekerengu Confluence is a divine virutal cache. I have included links in each of their cache reports to the appropriate pages in the Degree Confluence Project.

Cheers,

Donovan.