ABC News is looking for Geocachers

Guest abcdan

Guest abcdan

Hi. I am a Correspondent with ABC News (World News Tonight with Peter Jennings). We are looking for families in the New York area that do geocaching together. We would like to tag along. Anyone interested should email me at dan.b.harris@abc.com. Thanks!

Guest cdcos

Hi, we're in Colorado and about to place what we hope is the highest cache placed to date. Wondering if you and your crew are up to the challenge!!!

Chauncey and Denise

Guest Cold Chuck

Hey CDDOES!

I might beat ya to placing the highest cache. It might be too high for average joe that no one will bother to visit it!

------------------

Cold Chuck of Colorado

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:
Originally posted by cdcos:

Hi, we're in Colorado and about to place what we hope is the highest cache placed to date. ...

ehm.... maybe the highest domestic cache ... but I believe I popped one just a tad higher already ... icon_biggrin.gif Check out "Hawk 2" ... in Bolivia. Highest capital in the world ... and I didn't even place it in the upper part of the city.

[This message has been edited by Hawk-eye (edited 23 June 2001).]

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:
Originally posted by cdcos:

Hi, we're in Colorado and about to place what we hope is the highest cache placed to date. ...

ehm.... maybe the highest domestic cache ... but I believe I popped one just a tad higher already ... icon_biggrin.gif Check out "Hawk 2" ... in Bolivia. Highest capital in the world ... and I didn't even place it in the upper part of the city.

[This message has been edited by Hawk-eye (edited 23 June 2001).]

Guest cdcos

Okay, domestic caches, and those not obtainable from driving directly to, or taking the train to the top! The fun is the hike, climb, search and the find! The realization that you have accomplished what you have set out to do! Not what is in the cache, although that's fun too! Seeing what themes, trademarks, and items that people put in them!

Bet setting that one in Bolivia was alot of fun! icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Cold Chuck, have a feeling that we'll be seeing or just missing each other on a few geocaches around the Springs and the state! icon_smile.gif Wondering which peak or mountain you're going to be placing your cache on with 53 to choose from!

CDCOS

Denise

Guest cdcos

Okay, domestic caches, and those not obtainable from driving directly to, or taking the train to the top! The fun is the hike, climb, search and the find! The realization that you have accomplished what you have set out to do! Not what is in the cache, although that's fun too! Seeing what themes, trademarks, and items that people put in them!

Bet setting that one in Bolivia was alot of fun! icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Cold Chuck, have a feeling that we'll be seeing or just missing each other on a few geocaches around the Springs and the state! icon_smile.gif Wondering which peak or mountain you're going to be placing your cache on with 53 to choose from!

CDCOS

Denise

Guest Cold Chuck

Hawk-eye...

Boliva is 12,000 feet (add 1,000 for upper parts). Unless you were in Andes (central-western S.A.), this cache will top yours at over 14,000 feet. Oxygen may be required! No automobiles (cheating). Method of transportation is gonna be your two legs (maybe 4 legs if you're crawling gasping!). Sorry, won't provide the name of the peak (or peaks). I'm sure someone will try to beat this one. Enough of this testerone hosing contest.

------------------

Cold Chuck of Colorado