any hi res copies of the logo?

Guest y2kmagazine

Guest y2kmagazine

I wanted to make some home brew stickers, etc as some others have done. Anyone have a high res copy of he geocaching logo (the 4 squares with the circle?).

THANKS.

Guest y2kmagazine

thats a nice one, but when you zoom into it you see speckles and color variations. I was hoping for black, yellow, etc with sharp deliniations between the colors. is this because it's a jpeg rather than a bitmap?

Guest Markwell

Actually, what you really need is some type of vector graphic that will work across platforms. All JPGs and BMPs are "pixelated" and look poor when you zoom in. A vector graphic is made up of polygons and lines. No matter what size you make it, it is infinitely resolute.

Real problem is getting one across platforms. Windows machines won't speak Mac. I have a rough version of a Windows Metafile that I used. It's just a very rough tracing, but I enlarged it pretty well. I wasn't as happy with the results as I might have been. icon_frown.gif

I'd like to see a scalable version as well. Then the only resolution limitation is my printer's.

Guest Markwell

Actually, what you really need is some type of vector graphic that will work across platforms. All JPGs and BMPs are "pixelated" and look poor when you zoom in. A vector graphic is made up of polygons and lines. No matter what size you make it, it is infinitely resolute.

Real problem is getting one across platforms. Windows machines won't speak Mac. I have a rough version of a Windows Metafile that I used. It's just a very rough tracing, but I enlarged it pretty well. I wasn't as happy with the results as I might have been. icon_frown.gif

I'd like to see a scalable version as well. Then the only resolution limitation is my printer's.

Guest Hikenit

Hi Jeremy,

I would like to have the eps file for cutting out vinyl for my cache containers.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

I have a vector based EPS image. If you don't use it for anything commercial I'd be happy to email it to you. jeremy at geocaching dit com.

Jeremy

------------------

Hikenit

Jeremy,

may i please have a copy of the high res file also, my wife is willing to sew together a flag with the logo on it to be used to mark our local gatherings of geocachers.

thank you

Elwood

Guest Pat in Louisiana

"jeremy at geocaching dit com"

dit.com is new to me?

------------------

Pat in Louisiana

30:27:13.392N

91:02:55.054W

I never get lost!

I simply investigate alternate destinations!

[This message has been edited by Pat in Louisiana (edited 01 September 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Pat in Louisiana (edited 01 September 2001).]

Some programs slurp email addresses from web sites. Using dit instead of dot makes it that much harder to slurp it down.

dit dah is dot dash, like in morse. Same as dot.

J

Guest gnbrotz

athiker: it's nice to find another local geocacher! Please feel free to contact me offline if you want to discuss anything or even plan an outing together. If you follow the link to my webpage or view my Groundspeak profile, you will find my e-mail address.

------------------

Greg

N39°54.705'

W077°33.137'

My geocaching page