Distance Table Update Please.

Guest mcb

Before the www.geocaching.com web sight came along there was a distance table that was at the following address:

http://www.42nd-dimension.com/gps/caches.asp

The sight is still up but it has not been updated in quite some time icon_frown.gif. I would love to see this sight updated or maybe a similar page implemented at www.geocaching.com. I found this the best way to decide which caches I would vistit. The distance is a good factor to deciede if you have the time to drive a given distance to a cache.

Thanks

Matt

What I do is go to a cache page of interest in my state, then follow the "see nearby caches" link on that page. It will display a list of caches in order of distance (closest first) in the same state and any nearby in bordering states.

Also if you just do a search for a cache by putting in your zipcode you will get back a list of the nearby caches.

I've requested to Jeremy to add to the My Cache Page, where it automatically shows you the ones near to your home zipcode. DOn't know if that will be easy for him to implement, but he has all the guts there to do it...

It's on my list to add that capability. I'm also going to add a feature to find a cache by distance based on Long/lat coordinates. The code is actually there (see the link for "see caches near this one" link on any cache details page. I just need to create a form that can work for you.

Jeremy