Rating caches...a new category

I've read through all the posts so far and I'm convinced that a new rating system is not an idea I would agree with.

Many have remarked that these ratings would be too subjective, and that's right. Not only that, but a cache may deteriorate over time. Only the logs could tell you that.

When I check out a cache page I notice many things. First, the hider. Who is she? Do I know what kind of caches she places? There are some hiders that always hide 'high quality' caches. Sadly, there are some hiders that I will avoid comepletly. Also, I like to read what others have said on their logs. There are finders in my area that I have grown to trust. They give a complete account of their search (with out 'spoiling' my hunt). By then I have an idea if the cache interests me.

Some have said that they don't read the logs, they don't want their search spoiled. Of course, that's their choice, but that makes geocaching a whole diferent game from what I play, so I can't comment.

Just my .02, and worth every bit! icon_wink.gif

Bluespreacher

"We've got the hardware and the software, the plans and the maps ..." -- Citizen Wayne Kramer

I've read through all the posts so far and I'm convinced that a new rating system is not an idea I would agree with.

Many have remarked that these ratings would be too subjective, and that's right. Not only that, but a cache may deteriorate over time. Only the logs could tell you that.

When I check out a cache page I notice many things. First, the hider. Who is she? Do I know what kind of caches she places? There are some hiders that always hide 'high quality' caches. Sadly, there are some hiders that I will avoid comepletly. Also, I like to read what others have said on their logs. There are finders in my area that I have grown to trust. They give a complete account of their search (with out 'spoiling' my hunt). By then I have an idea if the cache interests me.

Some have said that they don't read the logs, they don't want their search spoiled. Of course, that's their choice, but that makes geocaching a whole diferent game from what I play, so I can't comment.

Just my .02, and worth every bit! icon_wink.gif

Bluespreacher

"We've got the hardware and the software, the plans and the maps ..." -- Citizen Wayne Kramer