How important are Caching announcements to you?

I'm fairly new to Geocaching, but have developed a bit of a passion for it. Reading the posts, I sense I'm not alone in this regard. So I find it ironic that the automated announcements (new caches, watch lists, etc.) are sent with low importance. They are highly important to me!

How do you feel?

Usually by the time I get them (especially the weekly updates) I've already read what they contain on the website. The only ones that usually contain new information are notices about travel bugs that I either own or are on my watch list. And sometimes caches that are on my watchlist but too far away to be on my 'closest caches' list.

In other words what I'm saying is, they're nice but information is usually too late to be important.

-Gloom

----

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

In this case, I like the low importance designation that mail from geocaching.com has. Geocaching.com is the only group/person who sends me mail with low importance, so it stands out tons better than the red exclamation marks that high importance mail carries.

Scott

32121_600.jpg

Lynchburg, Virginia

I greatly appreciate the fact that the e-mail uses marks itself as is appropriate for automatic, computer-generated mail. Now if only I controlled the whole Internet so I could start file suits against all the $REALLY_MEAN_WORD spammers. Can we just make them eat printed copies of all the spam they send? We can use organic inks and paper so it doesn't hurt them, but they could use a few kilos of fiber a day, IM-not-at-all-HO. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and by the way, the "Importance:" header is a header. It's not an editorial about what anyone thinks about the notifications. (I'm assuming the poll was a joke, eh?)

I greatly appreciate the fact that the e-mail uses marks itself as is appropriate for automatic, computer-generated mail. Now if only I controlled the whole Internet so I could start file suits against all the $REALLY_MEAN_WORD spammers. Can we just make them eat printed copies of all the spam they send? We can use organic inks and paper so it doesn't hurt them, but they could use a few kilos of fiber a day, IM-not-at-all-HO. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and by the way, the "Importance:" header is a header. It's not an editorial about what anyone thinks about the notifications. (I'm assuming the poll was a joke, eh?)

I'm assuming the poll was a joke, eh?

Eh? Yes, a tad tongue in cheek, but not entirely. And, as RiverCacher points out, the "low" designation does make the messages stand out.

By the way, Clayjar, I like your admission: there are many times I see IMHO I wonder if the H really applies (but never on this discussion board).