Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest JuDe

How to reach them ??

Recommended Posts

Guest JuDe

Well I've notice there's a lot of GPS users.Problem is that only 5% of them have PCs and internet access.How do we reach the other 95% ??

Share this post


Link to post
Guest 300mag

If you have access to media radio tv local newspaper etc or if not printing some geocaching info with the site address.Posting these in public places buletin boards grocerie stores banks etc.Even in restaurants if they give permission.Some have paper placemats with advertising on them.This would be good especially when your tired of waiting for service. icon_wink.gif There is more ways than one.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest 300mag

If you have access to media radio tv local newspaper etc or if not printing some geocaching info with the site address.Posting these in public places buletin boards grocerie stores banks etc.Even in restaurants if they give permission.Some have paper placemats with advertising on them.This would be good especially when your tired of waiting for service. icon_wink.gif There is more ways than one.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest mcb

I know we (geocaching community) are not all geeks now, BUT... That how is started. A geek activity. A way for a geek with his GPS and computer to have fun and share with other geeks. The point is you use your handheld geek device (GPS) to mark a cache and then you hop on you big stationary geek device (PC with internet connection) and share with the rest of the geeks out there. I know there is alot of geeking out in that but that is where it started. The internet is the cacher's avenue of communication. That is how it is done. So I think that and internet connection is nearly if not as important as a GPS to a Geocacher. icon_biggrin.gif

 

mcb

Share this post


Link to post
Guest mcb

I know we (geocaching community) are not all geeks now, BUT... That how is started. A geek activity. A way for a geek with his GPS and computer to have fun and share with other geeks. The point is you use your handheld geek device (GPS) to mark a cache and then you hop on you big stationary geek device (PC with internet connection) and share with the rest of the geeks out there. I know there is alot of geeking out in that but that is where it started. The internet is the cacher's avenue of communication. That is how it is done. So I think that and internet connection is nearly if not as important as a GPS to a Geocacher. icon_biggrin.gif

 

mcb

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×
×
  • Create New...