"Dude", this is funny (sort of)

Guest Steak N Eggs

Guest Steak N Eggs

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=13053

I thought this was sort of funny. It does have serious content to it. But it seems that "Ric" was very polite in his letter. I wonder if he'll run out and get a gps??

My next question is how did he fine out about the lat/long? Did someone acually go out there?

------------------

"MY gps said it's RIGHT HERE!"

http://www.geogadgets.com

Guest fractal

Well.. Since it was a puzzle cache, I had to pick SOME sort of non-usable coordinates.. I just thought that picking the center of the airport would be kinda cool...

Guess who got that wrong.. The answer is me! icon_wink.gif

Oh.. and the best part about it (to me anyway) was the fact that some official FAA person actually had to type out the words: Dude, where's my cache icon_biggrin.gif

-fractal

[This message has been edited by fractal (edited 01 February 2002).]

Guest fractal

Well.. Since it was a puzzle cache, I had to pick SOME sort of non-usable coordinates.. I just thought that picking the center of the airport would be kinda cool...

Guess who got that wrong.. The answer is me! icon_wink.gif

Oh.. and the best part about it (to me anyway) was the fact that some official FAA person actually had to type out the words: Dude, where's my cache icon_biggrin.gif

-fractal

[This message has been edited by fractal (edited 01 February 2002).]

Guest fractal

Well.. I didn't get any logs saying anything like:

quote:

Had a good lock on 12 satellites but still couldn't find the cache... Did find several helicopters and a lear jet.

But, now you got me thinking.. what if someone DID go out there eek.gif

-fractal

Guest fractal

quote:
Originally posted by madphatboy2:

fractal,

Your having all sorts of problems from other people with this cache. I find that this is really really funny. icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for the laugh.

MPB2

Oh yes.. It's a laugh riot.. ha ha ha...

icon_wink.gif

-fractal

Guest fractal

quote:
Originally posted by madphatboy2:

fractal,

Your having all sorts of problems from other people with this cache. I find that this is really really funny. icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for the laugh.

MPB2

Oh yes.. It's a laugh riot.. ha ha ha...

icon_wink.gif

-fractal

Guest madphatboy2

Well, on this multi cache i'm setting up, maybe I will have one of the legs end up on the Provo municipal airport. The image is killing me. I can just picture someone standing at the end of the runway when this tiny mario comes headed straight for them. LOL eek.gif

Guest Hawk-eye

Ya know ... as funny as it is ... with the ability to download the coordinates off the site ... someone could screw up by downloading a group of caches ... if they didn't do the homework and print the page ... bingo ... makes you wonder if someone actually did that! rolleyes.gif

3245_600.gif

Guest wizonkiz

Hawkeye;

Now that you mention that possibility, from what I have read about a guy that hangs out in that neck of the woods, who calls himself OREGONE, it could quite well have happened. From what I understand he likes to frequent this place called the BARLEY MILL, and at times has been known to wonder off in the middle of the night in search of caches. In some of his logs he does mention run ins with the authorities. I?m sure if it was him, though, we probably would of read a really long story about it?.WIZONKIZ

Guest BassoonPilot

Coordinates are published for the approach end of every runway at every airport.

Do not cross the flight line at any airport without permission of the facility manager. At many airports, you'll find signs warning that it's a federal offense for unauthorized personnel to be on the field.

NEVER walk on or stand near a runway. Airplanes land 'into' the wind, and there's a good chance you wouldn't hear one coming. Airplane propellers 'slice and dice' most effectively. NEVER walk towards a moving airplane or an airplane with its engine running.

I sometimes see parents with little children standing or sitting just past the departure end of runways at small airports, watching airplanes taking off and landing, oblivious to the danger they are in if an emergency forces the pilot to abort the takeoff or if the pilot botches the landing. Stupid, stupid, STUPID!!!

Please, stay BEHIND the fence.