Political Clout Poll

In reading the Political Clout topic, I asked myself the question, how many Geocachers vote? In trying to get the attention of our local Politicians to support our cause this statistic could be helpful.

quote:
So the Question is, Do you Vote?

[This message was edited by Buckaroo Banzai on May 14, 2002 at 10:30 AM.]

[This message was edited by Buckaroo Banzai on May 15, 2002 at 06:46 AM.]

Of the 238 views of the poll only 33 voted (14%).

24 (73%) said that they Vote in all elections and 5 (15%) vote only in State or Country Wide elections. So 29 (88 %) responding to the Poll do Vote.

2 (6%) said they do not Vote, and another 2 (6%) cannot vote.

In conclusion.

I have seen over 1500 views in some of the "hotter" topics, only 238 viewed this poll. Only 14% that view it did reply. 89% of the repliers do vote in some type of election. I view our Political Clout Index as very low, since only 2% of the Estimated number (1500) of the potential Geocachers reading the forum wanted to see what was being asked and then 14% recorded their view.

John

47502_500.jpg

If it's not one thing, then it's another...

even when it is a very lame primary where 90% of the people running are unapposed...

The last primary had exactly ONE race that I really cared about. But I've always maintained that anyone who doesn't vote shouldn't complain about how the country (state/county/etc.) is being run.

Of course, I also believe that one needs to base his or her vote on more than a 30-second soundbite but I guess that's another argument...

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

Geostars - I second that sentiment. If you don't vote - you have absolutely no right to complain about the results of the election or how the country is run etc etc.... Wasn't the right to vote one of the reasons the American revolution occurred (no taxation without representation)? Voting should be a duty and a periodic way of thanking the soldiers of today and the past for protecting this basic democratic right over the past century or so.

Just look at what happened in France due to voter apathy! Len Pen isn't far from being a fascist.

In the UK there is a huge effort being made to increase voting percentages - introducing postal ballots, phone voting, mobile phone SMS voting, internet voting etc. Gone are the days when people have time to visit their local library or high school to vote, perhaps new technology will involve me people in the voting process.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Mark, Matthew & Christopher

icon_biggrin.gif We'll get there eventually.... icon_biggrin.gif

Geostars - I second that sentiment. If you don't vote - you have absolutely no right to complain about the results of the election or how the country is run etc etc.... Wasn't the right to vote one of the reasons the American revolution occurred (no taxation without representation)? Voting should be a duty and a periodic way of thanking the soldiers of today and the past for protecting this basic democratic right over the past century or so.

Just look at what happened in France due to voter apathy! Len Pen isn't far from being a fascist.

In the UK there is a huge effort being made to increase voting percentages - introducing postal ballots, phone voting, mobile phone SMS voting, internet voting etc. Gone are the days when people have time to visit their local library or high school to vote, perhaps new technology will involve me people in the voting process.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Mark, Matthew & Christopher

icon_biggrin.gif We'll get there eventually.... icon_biggrin.gif