Use of Subject Field

DisQuoi

Ever since posting a reply meant that one could enter their own subject, I have had difficulty searching for relevent topics. Some people start a sentence in the subject box like this:

Subject: Not That It Matters ...

...but has anyone ... blah blah blah

"Not That It Matters" is not the subject of this post.

1) If you don't have a new subject, it's okay to leave that blank.

2) Use subject lines that make sense. Consider that someone will be searching using subject lines and key-words.

quote:
Originally posted by DisQuoi:

Ever since posting a reply meant that one could enter their own subject, I have had difficulty searching for relevent topics. Some people start a sentence in the subject box like this:

_Subject: Not That It Matters ..._

"Not That It Matters" is _not_ the subject of this post.

2) Use subject lines that make sense. Consider that someone will be searching using subject lines and key-words.

YES'EM .... Right away! icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

quote:

_Subject: Not That It Matters ..._

"Not That It Matters" is _not_ the subject of this post.

YES'EM .... Right away! icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

quote:

Ever since posting a reply meant that one could enter their own subject, I have had difficulty searching for relevent topics.

You can use the "Search entire message" option to get more matches to the topic you're looking for. (Or maybe the issue you're talking about is that the sub-subjects are causing too many matches, and it's irritating to have to weed through them?)

I 'm not sure I see the use of the subject heading when someone replies to a thread. the subject is set and known. I thought it was kinda neat the first few times I used the new forums, but I havent used it since. Unless I am posting a new topic, I have no use for the subject field.

Just my .02