Converting from Easy GPS

quote:
Originally posted by walkinfool:

I find myself without a cable right now. And it has been a long time since I had to convert Lat/Longs.

How does one convert xx.xxxxx E/W xx.xxxxx N/S to xx xx.xxx?

Thanks

It has something to do with dividing by 60. I don't bother with the math, though. icon_biggrin.gif

Take a look at this link for an online conversion tool.

quote:

I find myself without a cable right now. And it has been a long time since I had to convert Lat/Longs.

How does one convert xx.xxxxx E/W xx.xxxxx N/S to xx xx.xxx?

Thanks

It has something to do with dividing by 60. I don't bother with the math, though. icon_biggrin.gif

Take a look at this link for an online conversion tool.

quote:

But unless I am missing something, the only prefs I see are for the GPS and the units.

According to online manual, you click on File->Preferences->Coordinates, and then select H DDD MM.MMM as the format.

I use ExpertGPS, and am very happy with it, and I can do it there.

-- Mitch

I just noticed while poking around the site this morning that the ddd mm.mmm feature was only added in the last revision in April. So, if you didn't have the latest, that would explain why you didn't find the option.

-- Mitch

That's what I thought....I was hoping to bypass your step 2 "- Delete all waypoints from GPSr".

I guess to do it like I would like the GPSr would need to actually be read like a small Hard drive through the cable...similar to my flash media card and cable for my digital camera.

Thanks for the info. It's still easire than trying to manipulate those buttons when adding several new waypoints.

Chip