uploading maps to vista

Guest gstrong1

Guest gstrong1

Anybody have a problem loading maps into their vista.When I try to upload a map,a box pops up asking if I want to overwrite data installed by the manufacturer.Check no & it stops upload.Check yes & it totally loses the pc serial port connection.I then have to go to the system section of setup on the vista & from the menu, hit "restore defaults" just to get my connection back.I wonder if Garmin will give me anything toward a gps map 76 if I send this thing back to them?

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY

Guest Imperitus

I had that box pop up, hit yes, and everything weng smooth... I didn't even notice any of the original info missing... I think that would only actualy happen if you filled you vista 100% of it's capacity.

Guest Monz

I think you will find that as soon as you answer yes to the loose manufacturers loaded software it is gone... easy to upload again though as its only 2mb in size and not 24 mb like the maps I upload to it

quote:
Originally posted by Imperitus:

I had that box pop up, hit yes, and everything weng smooth... I didn't even notice any of the original info missing... I think that would only actualy happen if you filled you vista 100% of it's capacity.

[This message has been edited by Monz (edited 20 May 2001).]

Guest Hawk-eye

This is true ... but from what I can tell it's not much ... like the base map ... it's only relative ... forget it. But if you want it back ... when you go to the Garmin site and go to the latest Vista down load ... over in the top right corner you can down load the program ... but it's really not worth much. Definitely get the 2.15 download it really corrects a lot of gafs in the units base program ... at least so far.