New timezone - GPS won't reset

Guest Khao Mun Gai

Guest Khao Mun Gai

I have a GPSMAP 76. I have been on the East Coast and am now in Europe.

The GPS is doing fine here and pinpoints my location with ease. The only problem is that it hasn't adjusted the time on the unit to the new time zone - its still showing EST.

I have tried telling the unit that I am in a new location but this doesn't change it. I think removing the batteries might work, but I don't want to lose the map data that I loaded into the unit before the trip.

Any ideas?

Guest Kerry

Even removing the batteries might not re-set the time zone unless you have the latest software version which fixes that start up problem.

Have you tried going into the setup menu then Time tab, change the Time zone to Other which will then allow a specific UTC offset to be input.

Cheers, Kerry.

Turn the unit on. Press [MENU] twice and bring up the main menu. Scroll down to the {setup} option and press [ENTER]. Scroll one tab over to the {time} tab and then the second entry on that page is {Time Zone}. If you have the American version of the GPSMAP 76 then the europe time zones won't be there but you should be able to select {other} and then enter the time offset from GMT.

mcb

Guest Khao Mun Gai

quote:
Originally posted by mcb:

Turn the unit on. Press [MENU] twice and bring up the main menu. Scroll down to the {setup} option and press [ENTER]. Scroll one tab over to the {time} tab and then the second entry on that page is {Time Zone}. If you have the American version of the GPSMAP 76 then the europe time zones won't be there but you should be able to select {other} and then enter the time offset from GMT.

mcb

Thank you - that did it!