Question about RAM mounts

spaz06

I didn't even know they offered a plastic version. I have the aluminum version and it is all but bullet proof. (well maybe the plastic would actually hold up better in a highly acidic environment, like inside a container of battery acid or something icon_eek.gif)

I don't think you could go wrong with any RAM mount made.

I have the plastic ram mount, I use it in my car, on my bicycle and atv (on the handle bar so it is at a high point on the quad). I recently rolled the atv on top of me and then down the hill. Tha mount did not break, it did give at the pivot points (ball joints), the gps was still working and still is.

I did not know they made an aluminum one but I am satisfied with the plastic.

Eric

Thanks for the feedback, one additional question: Does the plastic version come with the single suction cup or the dual cups? My Olds van has one of those GM windshields that screws with the GPS reception so I've got about 6 inches at the very top that I can place my legend and still get a signal. I want to make sure that whichever mount I purchase will mount there and not bounce all around or be susceptible to falling off.