How to upgrade Mapsource data?

There has only been one (or possibly two) updates of MetroGuide USA map data since its introduction and the latest is identified as "Data version 3.0". Yours is 2.0. Garmin does not (nor does any other GPS map supplier) provide free or downloadable updates to their map data. They do provide free updates the Mapsource software. To update your MetroGuide USA maps to the latest map data, you must buy the new version.

You can find more information about differences in the versions of Metroguide here:

http://www.gpsinformation.net/mgii.htm

Steve Simpki

quote:
How can I upgrade the map data?

This is a very common and fair question......I sell GPSR's and software, and I hear this asked frequently. It needs to be made very clear: You cannot "download" increased map data for Garmin software. The downloads they offer are only to upgrade the software "engine" that runs it all. They "tweak" the software, usually making it better (not always) and offering user functions and features that enhance using the software. The ugrades are usually directed at the Human/software interface and to correct inherent "bugs" that users find and report back to Garmin(That's why it is important to report these bugs as you find them). The map detail stays the same as when you purchased it. You won't see ehanced detail of the maps until they release and you purchase an entirely new version of the software. Hope this helps.

"Never take a sunset for granted. Stop what you are doing and enjoy it. You never know when it may be your last"