Palm OS app that converts degree formats

Guest Lux Lucid

Guest Lux Lucid

I've been geocaching for a couple months now and I occasionally need to convert degree formats between decimal degrees (DD.DDDDDD), decimal minutes (DD MM.MMMM), and DMS. It's a relatively simple calculation (one click away on geocaching.com), but it becomes tedious "in the field." Plus, one little math error could send me on a wild goose chase.

I work for a Palm OS software company, and per my request, one of our software authors incorporated a simple degree conversion calculator into one of our existing titles (What a nice guy he is).

So if you use a Palm OS device in combination with GPS and you're tired of converting latitude/longitude degree coordinates, then you may find it useful.

It's called Everyday Everywhere and you can see the screen shots and download the free demo via PowerMedia.com: http://www.powermedia.com/pilot/everyday/everyday.html

Oh ya... it also does Loan Payment Calculation, Currency Exchange Rates, U.S. Area Code Lookups, Date Conversion, Metric/English Unit Conversion, and it's a Tip Calculator, all in one application.

Let us know what you think.

-Lux Lucid

Guest cache_ninja

cool!

i think most gps units do this quite easily though no? mine does(magellan 315). besides it displaying 2 formats(whichever i choose) constantly, its really easy to change them in setup. but a lot of people do bring their pda on trips w/cache info on it, so this would be helpful...

c/n

[This message has been edited by cache_ninja (edited 15 May 2001).]

Guest Exocet

!cache_ninja!,

No, not all GPS units do that conversion. icon_smile.gif ...In particular, my Geode GPS unit doesn't (yet). Nonetheless, if you have your Visor or Palm with you and not the GPS unit, this conversion program would be cool.

Of course, if you are a MF'r you have wireless internet access on your palm device and you'd just goto jeeep.com anyway. But most of us are not such ...fortunate... people. icon_smile.gif

Guest Exocet

!cache_ninja!,

No, not all GPS units do that conversion. icon_smile.gif ...In particular, my Geode GPS unit doesn't (yet). Nonetheless, if you have your Visor or Palm with you and not the GPS unit, this conversion program would be cool.

Of course, if you are a MF'r you have wireless internet access on your palm device and you'd just goto jeeep.com anyway. But most of us are not such ...fortunate... people. icon_smile.gif