How To?

Without having a 76S, the general method is to mark a waypoint and edit it. Look in the manual, and follow the instructions to mark your current position. That should bring up a window with a default waypoint name and the current coordinates. Edit the icon, the name, and the coordinates to match the geocache. You can also download them into EasyGPS, then upload from EasyGPS direct to your 76S. (The 76S should be supported). -Craig/TeamCNJC

-Craig/TeamCNJC

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took off through the thorns, chest high, ...

To enter a waypoint, press and hold the ENTER for a couple of seconds. That should pop up a new window (Mark Waypoint)with information you can change. Rocker up to the first field, then press ENTER, then presss left on the rocker button to clear the field. I enter the waypoint number in here. When you're done, press ENTER again and the entire field will be highlighted. You can then go to the next field, highlight it by pressing ENTER, left rocker to change the individual numbers/letters, press ENTER again and go on. It sould tedious, but once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty fast.

BTW, pressing UP on the rocker button give you letters, pressing DOWN on the rocker button gives you numbers.

GLSailor

quote:
Originally posted by GLSailor:

To enter a waypoint, press and hold the ENTER for a couple of seconds. That should pop up a new window (Mark Waypoint)with information you can change. Rocker up to the first field, then press ENTER, then presss left on the rocker button to clear the field. I enter the waypoint number in here. When you're done, press ENTER again and the entire field will be highlighted. You can then go to the next field, highlight it by pressing ENTER, left rocker to change the individual numbers/letters, press ENTER again and go on. It sould tedious, but once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty fast.

BTW, pressing UP on the rocker button give you letters, pressing DOWN on the rocker button gives you numbers.

GLSailor

Hey, that worked like a charm....thanks!!