Downloading Wayoints to easygps

Guest fredopatz

Guest fredopatz

I'm having some problem with this.

I downloaded the software to my desktop, agreed to the terms, ran the software and then tried to download a location. I was trying to download point GC9CF if that is important.

Nothing happened, the computer acted as if it had refreshed the page, but no window appeared to ask where to put the file.

I'm using IE version 5.5.

Guest The 19th

If you've logged into the geocaching.com website, you can search for that particular waypoint on the "Seek a Cache" page.

Then when you're looking at the details of that cache, you can click on the download graphic right below the coordinates. It should then prompt where you want to save it.

If you're looking at a listing of caches in your zip, you can place a checkmark in the ones you want to download, then click on the download graphic at the bottom of the page. Your browser should prompt you where to save.

------------------

Lawrence Rillera

Elk Grove, CA

I believe the key is 'logging in' to the geocaching.com site. I was a bit fustrated the first time I tried to do what you are doing, but then I caught on. If you've already logged in and this doesn't help, please post up again and we'll see if we can help you along again.

Guest fredopatz

quote:
Originally posted by Pote:

I believe the key is 'logging in' to the geocaching.com site.

Well, I THOUGHT I was logged in and I tried it several times, but it seems to work when looged in now. It was 4 am when I tried. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I'll try downloading a bunch that are near me this evening.

Thanks to both respondents.