Directions software

Guest vinced

Are there any PC programs that will give me the functionality of a GPS V or StreetPilot III as far as next turns and such, so I can just use my GPS III with a notebook system?

------------------

Vince

0H/2F

Yes, several. I like DeLorme's Street Atlas program since it can provide both written and spoken directions from the laptop PC, and can also upload the route into your GPS receiver for those times when you don't want to carry the laptop.

quote:
Originally posted by peter:

Yes, several. I like DeLorme's Street Atlas program since it can provide both written and spoken directions from the laptop PC, and can also upload the route into your GPS receiver for those times when you don't want to carry the laptop.

Peter,

Thanks for the responce. I'm looking into the package.

------------------

Vince

0H/2F

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by peter:

Keep in mind that some products for laptops do auto-routing, but some do not. So if you miss a turn then your stuck with trying to figure out how to get back to that turn. So in a sense, depending on the software package, it may not be a true emulation of what the experience would be like with a V or Street Pilot III

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/ ~ Fe-26

Lets Drive Fast and Eat Cheese!