MAP 76 TrackBack Feature

Guest Growley

Guest Growley

OK I must be doing something wrong. I need your help once again. Today I went into a field and walked a course setting 6 waypoints (1 was a start and 1 a finish with 4 others inbetween). I then did the following:

1. Went to "tracks" entered that and went to the "save" box.

2. I saved the last 30 minutes or so of tracks.

3. I then highlighted and opened the one and only file I had.

4. I selected "Trackback" and "reverse".

Now, the 76 is not showing my reverse course completely highlighted. It will lead me to a point (not waypoint) then plot another point where I should turn and although this generally got me back to waypoint 001, it did not "lock on" to my waypoints, it just told me to "turn here", etc. What am I doing wrong here????

What you wanted to do was to make a route that included the six waypoint you created in the order you wanted to follow them. Routes are to navigate a given set of waypoint is a particular order. Trackback is used to retrace a previously save tracklog following in your earlier footsteps. In the 76 map it will pick the X number of most significant points of the save track and create waypoints to navigate through.

mcb