MicroSoft mapping software

Guest Krepism

Guest Krepism

Has any one tryed to use the Microsoft mapping software? I was looking through some CD's at work and noticed that in May 2000, there was a version that was put out by them. I currently dont use any mapping software, but thought I might give it a try. Let me know if you have used it and how it compares to other mapping software.

Guest bigethespe

i believe the MS streets and trips software will sync with a gps as long as you can cable it to a laptop - only works with s&t 2001 at this point though.

------------------

-- bigethespe --

Guest Ron Streeter

Bought my Magellan 315 a couple of months ago and then one of the Topo! CA map CDs and the 12 volt/data cable. What a joy that is to use...now...the latest and greatest ....

I have just purchased a new laptop and am working with two mapping programs (Topo!) and (National Geographic Trip Planner 2000) which allow me to hook my gps to the laptop and to actually track where I am and my movements as I go.(MS Streets & Trips 2001 is another program.) Obviously not as nice as a built-in units in cars, but gives the flexibility of having the laptop for use in other areas.

Hours later same day....bought the Microsoft program (streets & trips 2001) for $27 at Costco with a $20 rebate from them. So, for $7 a pretty nifty mapping program. Has some good features the others don't, and seems pretty easy to use. Perhaps more clarity at closest map levels of all three programs I'm trying. I think I'd rather be the co-pilot calling out the turns, than the driver !

[This message has been edited by Ron Streeter (edited 27 April 2001).]