DeLorme TopoQuad 3D Mapping Software

Has anyone seen an instance of a PDA (Windows for PocketPC (CE) or PalmOS) running DeLorme's TopoQuad 3D-relief mapping software?

How about a handheld GPS? I know this last one is reachin' a bit, but I'm curious.

Oh, for all you PDA-as-GPS fans who might have a few extra dollars lying about, I just saw this Industrial Strength PDA from Casio. Yes, Casio! icon_biggrin.gif Kinda pricey, but it meets IPX 2 standards. Thought some of you CE Programmer Geekz might like a look at this thing:

Casio EG800STD PDA

DeLorme's 3D TopoQuad's would look great on a GPS unit like this. *wheels turning icon_wink.gif*

Warm regards,

Firefishe

quote:
Originally posted by Atilla the Pun:

I'll get a Handspring Prism before I pay $900 for another M$ based product, thank you.

Besides, M$ bashing aside, I've been extremely happy with Palm OS products so far.

AtP

I'd be careful about buying anything from Handspring. A gov't agency I'm working with is going to buy me a PDA, so I went around shopping for best price vs. features the other day.

I looked around at Staples and Office Max. Just FYI, this is what the manager at Office Max told me about the Handspring Visor: He said that if I walked out the door with it, touched the stylus to the screen for the first time and it "spiderwebbed," I had a piece of hardware I could not return to the store. So if you do buy one of these things, ask for a manager to watch you touch the stylus to the screen *before you leave the store* (at least of you're at Office Max)*

Apparently, the folks at Handspring don't take care of their dealers or something of that nature. I Just thought I'd let you know. Granted, this is only one such such case, but it turned me off to the visor that I had been considering. Besides, I think the Casio Cassiopeia EG300-GN has more bang for the buck, anyway.

Warm regards,

Firefishe icon_smile.gif

I've seen the Prism for under $200 lately. That's pretty inexpensive for a color PDA. And I have a friend who's owned a Handspring (can't remember the model) for a couple of years and never had a problem with it.

The Cassiopea and the iPaq are both very nice, but way beyond what I'm willing to pay for a portable PC in the forseeable future.

AtP

Well, I guess one isn't ever old enough to eat a little crow.

I just got a Visor Prism and absolutely love it. It's fast, stable, and friendly. It works well for what I do with it, which is primarily use it to help my A.D.D. infested brain keep those all-important appointments. Excellent Alarms!

Updating my original question: Does DeLorme have those wonderful TopoQuad state maps in a Springboard Module for the Visor Prism?

Warm regards,

Firefishe

196939_600.gif