New Map Source

Guest vinced

Guest gstrong1

Downloaded the Mapsource update & when it opened, Mapsource dialog box popped up saying file was corrupted & couldn't open. Deleted the file & downloaded again & all is OK. Some neat stuff, including geocache icons. Go Garmin!

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY

Guest Artful Dodger

quote:
Originally posted by gstrong1:

Downloaded the Mapsource update & when it opened, Mapsource dialog box popped up saying file was corrupted & couldn't open. Deleted the file & downloaded again & all is OK. Some neat stuff, including geocache icons. Go Garmin!

Will the icons be transferred to Garmins that dont already have the Geocaching icons. I have the GPSMAP 76. Or do I have to wait for an upgrade to that unit first?

Artful, I too have the Map76 and the Icons do not import :^( In fact, several of the icons in Mapsource don't feed into the Map76. I was hoping that the software upgrade for the Map76 that came out just last week would have the new icons in them, but no luck. Please email Garmin (go to their website - www.garmin.com and find the email address for the cartography group - sorry I dont have it off hand) and request them. I tried to tell them that the Map76 is the 6th most popular Geocaching unit out there according to the polls, but my voice was not enough I guess. Maybe next firmware update will have it...

Guest mtbiker

Down loaded version 4.05 last night. Installed it and then opened one of my saved files which had maps, routes, and tracks. High lighted one of the tracks and started to scroll the map display to review the Track. Then the screen went blank and my PC rebooted itself. When it completed booting up, I started Map Source. Did file open and selected the file that I was reviewing. Map Source displayed an error message regrading the file, but the file did open. There where no more tracks routes and maps were ok. I lost a lot of data when those track were deleted!

Any one else having problems?

I will make backup copies befor opening any more with version 4.05!

Guest Growley

I too have contacted Garmin via e-mail about the icons for the MAP76. I was informed that they did not realize the MAP76 was so popular for geocaching and that the info would be passed to the technicians. This was about 4 weeks ago.