PDA and maping software

Leemann

But thats just because I already have one. It depends on if you want Palm OS or a Pocket PC. My sony has 32 meg of memory and does everything I need at this point. I'm a gadget guy and am looking at getting a pocket pc just because. I hear pros and cons for both sides. I also hear it is way simple to connect to a wireless network with the pocket PC. As for the mapping software, I use Xmap and love it. And I can export Topo4 maps to the palm as well.

The all do it, so I would look into the other features you want in a PDA and then pick. PocketPC's have a faster processor so that is a nice thing to have when drawing maps, but I have not really had a speed problem on my Palm either. Palms have more GPS programs, but I think there are enough on the PocketPC to keep you busy for a while.

Dan

A = A

Works great...color screen...64MB of memory with another 64MB in the storage card.

I Use Delorme XMap along with Topo USA 4.0 to view topo maps while out in the field.

Some have commented on the mapping software refresh rate, etc. not being good enough for caching...I don't actually use the map for finding the cache...I just use the GPS as normal. What I use the software for is planning my route into the cache area, making sure that I know the cache is on an island -before- i go looking for it, etc...Its great being able to locate streams, roads, trails, etc. before I set out.

Scott

32121_600.jpg

Lynchburg, Virginia