Software Rental

Guest johnny42544

Guest johnny42544

I have a Vista, and someone mentioned software rental in some earlier post when talking about the maps Garmin has. Is anyone familiar with a site that does this, has anyone done this?

Guest Hawk-eye

Don't know ... I couldn't find it in a search ... can't imagine anyone renting software ... too easy to burn a copy ... you'd be out of business pretty quickly.

Guest peter

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Don't know ... I couldn't find it in a search ... can't imagine anyone renting software ... too easy to burn a copy ... you'd be out of business pretty quickly.

Actually I think it would be great if Garmin would support this. It would be pretty easy for them to offer downloads over the web that only work for a limited time (and since the GPS knows the date/time it would be hard to defeat).

This would be especially nice for travellers who only need a map of an area for a short time. MetroGuides for Europe are pretty expensive if you'll only be there for a few days.

Maybe someday, but for the moment Garmin has prohibited anyone from renting the software (which is only reasonable without some kind of time lock on it).