The SporTrack Pro in the UK and 'WAAS' - advice please

lynh

I recently bought a SporTrack Pro and would be grateful for comments on the following.

If I walk, say, a mile, and then retrace my steps (not using backtrack - just plotting the route use the default setting) the plot that I get is quite different for each way. I do not expect the plots to co-incide exactly but I would not expect a difference of up 100 feet.

I have tried disabling WAAS - having ascertained from Magellan that W=WAAS and E=EGNOS (I am not confusing this with E=East!) and this improved matters a bit but there is still a wider variation than I would expect.

(I also have a Megellan Companion for my Palm Vx and the outward and inward legs of a plot are a lot closer than on the SporTrack Pro,)

I would be grateful for comments as to the biggest error one should expect between outward and inward legs of a trip - in all cases with a clear view of the sky and at least 6 sats registering.

Thanks very much. Lyn