Garmin III at sportmart for $99

Guest dagney

Sportmart is selling off their remaining Garmin III units tomorrow (11/23) for $99. The sale starts at 7am and lasts for five hours. The ad says "Reconditioned Units" and "Special Purchase". I'm assuming they're refurbs. Will Garmin honor the warranty on these? Anyways, look for the ad in your local paper. I found it in the Los Angeles Times.

Ive heard that garmin honors the warranty on their refurbs - I think I got that from a seller on ebay though but it's better then all the other opinions listed here. (excpet for any opinions that snuck in before I hit the 'submit reply' button.

Guest raptorrider2001

I bought one of the IIIs Friday for $99. It looks brand new with the exception of a label added to the box that says "newly overhauled". I think that is the way they can get rid of their discontinued models with out up setting the dealers. The supplement warranty note in the box said 90 days. The manual says 1 year. I would assume they keep track of the serial numbers in order to know which is which. I also have a Vista and using the III is taking a little getting used to. I have already noticed it gets much better reception under heavy tree cover than the Vista.