v2.05 firmware for GPS 76 / GPSMAP 76

Guest napgravy

Guest gstrong1

YeeeeHaaaa. Finally got 2 digits to the right of decimal point when displaying distance.Some nice additions for road navigation. A lot of other neat stuff too. Just in time for the weekend caching activities. No problems here loading the update. Followed the process highlighted in red on the update page,& I never even lost the Mapsource data or waypoints I had loaded in the unit.Thanks Garmin.

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY

gstrong1

Being that I am a DA newbe, and have only had my GPSmap76 for about 3 weeks I have a question regarding the firmware update. Did you have to download and install the separate POI database or just the firmware update?

Thanks, Roy

Guest gstrong1

Hi RoyD. All I did was load the update & off I went.It had no effect on the Mapsource info, the POI Data or the waypoints that were in the unit. Went out and snagged 3 caches today & all worked great. That extra place behind the decimal is handy. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY

Guest gstrong1

Hi RoyD. All I did was load the update & off I went.It had no effect on the Mapsource info, the POI Data or the waypoints that were in the unit. Went out and snagged 3 caches today & all worked great. That extra place behind the decimal is handy. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY