midlands meet?

Hi all,

How many of you would be interested in a meet in a birmingham park?

I have been doing a college project on such a place for the last 8 months and so have built up detailed plans for the area. (a cache will be placed here soon). This meet would be along the lines of meet, have a picnic then do an orienteering course (no GPS allowed) which i have designed. This would be done in pairs and thus build up friendships. Prizes would be available! and don't forget there could be a cache in the park to find to!

Who's interested?

unfortunatly if you want a CACHE BASH icon_mad.gif then it will have to be later in the year because i am off on vacation for 3 weeks and so will not be in the region to set it up.

Why no orieteering??? same as geocaching just no GPS! icon_confused.gificon_mad.gif

Oh well i tried

unfortunatly if you want a CACHE BASH icon_mad.gif then it will have to be later in the year because i am off on vacation for 3 weeks and so will not be in the region to set it up.

Why no orieteering??? same as geocaching just no GPS! icon_confused.gificon_mad.gif

Oh well i tried

Hi Lathama,

The Cache bash sounds like a fun idea and I am sure me and Dan would attend if that were the case,,,,,however the orienteering bit I don't think will entice people to come along, afterall for most people the excitment of geocaching is using the GPS without a GPS the whole world of geocaching wouldnt exists.soooooooo whats the point in a caching meet with no caching? you should ask some people from an orienteering site for this me thinks.

Pid

Watch out its a Golfcourse... (Team Dan + Pid)

Why not meet over here? I'm scouting a cache are on Sunday the 7th, walking from Trimpley reservoir to Arley on the river severn, there's a nice pub in Arley, and the Severn Valley Railway, not to mention the river itself, ita a great area.