Are these OK to put in a cache?

guruchill

I placed my first cache today (Yay!), and I'm just getting things ready to go in my second that I'll be placing this weekend. I have a question for 'the panel' as to the acceptability of the following items in the cache...

I'm a photographer, and as such have published several of my pictures as postcards and greetings cards. I'd like to put some of these in to the cache, but I don't want to be seen as making a commercial cache - I think they're nice pictures and like to share them! What do other people think?

Thanks,

Tim.

Go for it. If they are nice pics that people would be interested in having then I don't see a problem, although thats just my viewpoint, I have never really cared either way on this subject and aslong as whats in a cache is not offensive or dangerous It never once bothered me. Some other people have stronger feelings about the matter but i'm sure in this case there wouldn't be a problem icon_confused.gificon_razz.gif

Its just a hunt for a lunch box, why be so serious!?! badgerslayer.gif

Dan Wilson - www.Buckscaching.co.uk - Stash Notes, forums & Much more...

For what it's worth I think this is probably the way to handle it.

Certainly with the postcards, there are many caches that have postcards in. I placed some in one of mine as souvenirs of the area the cache was in if someone wanted to take them. Even if you were named as the photographer on the back then that would be alright. If however the back said "photo taken by ********** available for weddings and bar mitzvahs etc" you'd probably be in trouble.

The greetings cards may be seen as slightly different because they are not the usual fare of a cache, but again, if there wasn't any blatant advertising on it then you'll probably be o.k.

I think that there is a good chance that these postcards could become your signature items and be collectable in the same way as T&J bears are.

One last thought, if one of the moderators or cache approvers doesn't mind, you could send one or two to them so they could just double check them and then you would definitely have peace of mind.

I'm all for it though, as a slighly lapsed deltiologist I'd be keeping my eyes out for them, so make sure some come South! icon_smile.gif

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.