Need cache recommendations in London

We're planning a trip to London for July 1-5 and would like to find a few caches. There a 1000's in the area, so we have no idea which ones are really the highlights of the area.

If anyone has some suggestions of the best caches around London or nearby, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Get on a train and head a little way out of London I'd say. Because of the built up nature of the city, signals are not great and most of the central London caches are virtual although I recently did Poor Man's Cache in Kensington Gardens and that is great if you want a nice walk round an interesting park but not too good if the cache contents are your focus.

I'd definitely recommend Tomb Raider - Mission I at Brookwood Cemetry. You can take the train directly from London Waterloo to Brookwood station (takes about 30 mins, trains 2-3 times per hour). It's a great multi-part cache that gets you walking around the war graves and older parts of the cemetry. They're another Tomb Raider in north London but I haven't tried that yet. Have a great holiday! icon_wink.gif

It is a bit out of date (updating it is on my jobs to do list) but if you check out the caching tube map on our website below you can find a lot of caches accesable by public transport.

Our Recommendation: The Sherlock series is an excellent collection of Virtuals leading to a physical.

Chris

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

[This message was edited by Chris n Maria on March 25, 2003 at 11:38 AM.]