San Diego cachers, what type of new caches would you enjoy?

Team PL

As I explained in the General Topics forum, although I've found plenty of caches I've yet to hide any caches. I'd like to give something back to this great hobby, yet it seems to me that most of the good hiding spots in urban San Diego are already occupied.

One of the best features of this game is it takes you to special places you wouldn't have otherwise discovered. I won't hide a cache in a run of the mill area. I'd rather wait until I can come up with something more creative or original.

Are there any places you feel are cache deficient? Any type of cache that you'd like to see more of?

The two most unique San Diego caches I know of are Shoeless Joe and My Side of the Mountain. Son of Shoeless and My Other Side of the Mountain would be too derivitive. But I'm looking for equivalent quality.

PL

[This message was edited by Team PL on May 01, 2002 at 02:06 PM.]

One resource is Jerry Schad's book "Afoot and Afield in San Diego County" (he also has books on Orange and L.A. counties, BTW). We geocachers have done a good job of covering nearly every one of his listed trails, but there are still some we haven't cover ed yet. There are also several "Walking San Diego" type books out that may give you ideas on urban caches.

Some areas to think about:

Black's Beach (Hehe...the Naked Lunch cache)

Bayside Trail in Cabrillo National Monument

Other sections of Rose Canyon (only Other Side of the Rose so far I think).

The Olive Park ravines in the Banker's Hill area (not on the bridges like Swinging Good Time, but down below).

Downtown San Diego really doesn't have any caches! How about the Marina Park (the Embarcadero), Seaport Village, or out on one of the public piers? There's also Pantoja Park right downtown, and Grant Hill Park a little to the east.

How about a Gaslamp Quarter New Orleans themed cache? Sort of Mardi Gras maybe.

Maybe an Italian cache of some sort i n Little Italy?

There's also Bay Bridge Park and Memorial Park in the downtown area, but those parks may be a bit scary, I don't know. I do know there are a lot of parks scattered around that you might creatively find a place for a cache. (Golden Hill Par k, Montclair Park, etc.)

I already have my eye on several good trails up in the north county that have no caches yet, but you'd be surprised what secrets lie hidden in San Diego still. Just visit my First Contact cache and you'll find one of them!

Parsa,