Geo-Caching in Northern Nevada

Guest Rikoshe

Guest Rikoshe

Hello N.Nevada Cachers

Is there any hope of a loose nit group forming in N. Nevada?

Maybe an informal gathering once in a blue moon?

Just wondering icon_smile.gif

() No icon_frown.gif

() We Don't need no Stinkin' Group! icon_wink.gif

------------------

If I can't find it, It' ain't there!

Guest Rikoshe

quote:
Originally posted by bowman6:

I think it would be great to meet some of the other cachers in the area.

Great So how do we spread the word?

I can't work out how to put this page URL on the Cache site.

If there's enough people that want to meet. Maybe we can put something together in the spring. like A BBQ at Washoe Lake?

V Z

------------------

If I can't find it, It' ain't there!

Guest bowman6

quote:
Originally posted by Rikoshe:

Great So how do we spread the word?

I can't work out how to put this page URL on the Cache site.

If there's enough people that want to meet. Maybe we can put something together in the spring. like A BBQ at Washoe Lake?

V Z

I have just started working on developing my own web site so I will play with putting this link on a website. I believe the same code works in cache pages. It does when creating caches and travel bugs. Once a day has been set we can set up an event cache to notify people of the time and place.

I like the though of Washoe Lake. It has enough room to put on some sort of cache event. Do they have a group area or just plenty of room that we would converge on?

[This message has been edited by bowman6 (edited 07 January 2002).]

Guest bowman6

ed working on developing my own web site so I will play with putting this link on a website. I believe the same code works in cache pages. It does when creating caches and travel bugs. Once a day has been set we can set up an event cache to notify people of the time and place.

I like the though of Washoe Lake. It has enough room to put on some sort of cache event. Do they have a group area or just plenty of room that we would converge on?

[This message has been edited by bowman6 (edited 07 January 2002).]

Guest Rikoshe

quote:
Originally posted by bowman6:

If I am right you have got the link working now. I have the link on all my caches and will post it in any future area finds.

Sooo tell me how you got the link to work on your caches?

V Z

Guest bowman6

quote:
Originally posted by Rikoshe:

Sooo tell me how you got the link to work on your caches?

V Z

You can use HTML on the cache postings. The text I use is

Check this out: If you are interest in meeting area GeoCachers

You can see the first section shows what site will open

target="_blank" causes it to open in a new window.

The third section is the text that will be on the page.

Hope this helps

Mark

Guest Tomebug

ould give me such cr** if I went all that way for a geocaching event. I may have to post a trip like that on the "you know you're addicted when" thread.

Who knows, one of you Reno/Sparks geocachers may be someone I know!

Pegge

Guest Tomebug

I live in Southern CA, but used to live in Reno until about 2 1/2 years ago. I would love to come to a gathering if you have it on a Sunday!! Just give me a little advanced warning. Of course, I would tell my husband it was some sort of sick friend or relative I was visiting, ha. He would give me such cr** if I went all that way for a geocaching event. I may have to post a trip like that on the "you know you're addicted when" thread.

Pegge

Guest Scroller

New to geocaching and in the Dayton area and up for a get together. Just got a gpsr and could use a little helpfull info. About an 1" of snow here today.

------------------

Guest Rikoshe

quote:
Originally posted by Scroller:

New to geocaching and in the Dayton area and up for a get together. Just got a gpsr and could use a little helpfull info. About an 1" of snow here today.

Welcome!

I too live in Dayton. Would be happy to help you get started. I'll be out of town till next week. I'll contact you when I get back and maybe we can get together.

Shoot me an Email at

rikoshe@bigfoot.com

so I'll have you email address

Later

Rx

Guest Rikoshe

'll be out of town till next week. I'll contact you when I get back and maybe we can get together.

Shoot me an Email at

rikoshe@bigfoot.com

so I'll have you email address

Later

Rx

Guest abeyoni

Of course, we'll be there. Have discussed

this with a few other N NV cachers. Lots of

enthusiasm. We'll be out of town May 12-25.

It'll be tough to find a day EVERY one of us can make. Pick a day now, tell as many cachers as possible and hopefully there will

be a great turnout. We can always have another one in October as well. Can't wait

to meet the names we keep seeing in log books. Please let us know what we can do to help get this plan going.

CACHE ON! ABE & RISS (Reno)

Guest pathfinderZ1

2/21/02

Found it first find not a bad hike. Took $202 had to pay for GPS and can of Spam hungry. Left two red lighters also took picture of self I'm the old man with the beard and glasses.

Thanks

PathfinderZ1

Guest Dale Miller

heres a quick thought. How about a local cache in the reno-carson area that has directions in it to the BBQ. We'll know the date and time in advance, but if you wanna go, you gotta cache! E-mail me with thoughts!

Mill8178@hotmail.com

Guest Rikoshe

Yep that was the thought. a BYOM (bring your own meat) BBQ I was thinking of throwing a bag of charcoal in the BBQ and you can cook what cha brung. was thinking Washoe lake or Bowers mansion.

quote:
Originally posted by Dale Miller:

heres a quick thought. How about a local cache in the reno-carson area that has directions in it to the BBQ. We'll know the date and time in advance, but if you wanna go, you gotta cache! E-mail me with thoughts!

Mill8178@hotmail.com

Guest Rikoshe

lly posted by Dale Miller:

Mill8178@hotmail.com

Guest Lightning1996YCJP

Hi all in the Reno/N Nevada area!

I am from Arizona (Prescott) and will be visiting up there (my fiance) soon (and have a traveller to place....)

Here is AZ we have a pretty well organized but informal geocaching group. A couple of our computer wizards run an email list-serve that we use to communicate.

One suggestion to get cachers together has worked very well here....make an "event cache" for a picnic, campout, whatever (spring might be more pleasant). Whoever organizes it makes a cache for the event and a cache page. Those attending log into the cache, enjoy the event, and then log online as a "find".

It is a great way to meet other cachers!

Hope to log a few of your caches mid-March!

peace,

Trisha aka "Lightning"

Guest Lightning1996YCJP

I see that you folks are already trying to organize a get-together...sorry about that! My redundant comment/suggestion was 'cause I failed to read the most recent posts (I forgot they are on the bottom!)

I do know that event caches for socializing are normally approved by Jeremy.

Have fun!!

Trisha aka Lightning

quote:
Originally posted by Tomebug:

I live in Southern CA, but used to live in Reno until about 2 1/2 years ago. I would love to come to a gathering if you have it on a Sunday!! Just give me a little advanced warning. Of course, I would tell my husband it was some sort of sick friend or relative I was visiting, ha. He would give me such cr** if I went all that way for a geocaching event. I may have to post a trip like that on the "you know you're addicted when" thread.

Pegge

The Picnic is posted on the Geocache site

VZ

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning1996YCJP:

Hi all in the Reno/N Nevada area!

I am from Arizona (Prescott) and will be visiting up there (my fiance) soon (and have a traveller to place....)

Here is AZ we have a pretty well organized but informal geocaching group. A couple of our computer wizards run an email list-serve that we use to communicate.

One suggestion to get cachers together has worked very well here....make an "event cache" for a picnic, campout, whatever (spring might be more pleasant). Whoever organizes it makes a cache for the event and a cache page. Those attending log into the cache, enjoy the event, and then log online as a "find".

It is a great way to meet other cachers!

Hope to log a few of your caches mid-March!

peace,

Trisha aka "Lightning"

Picnic is posted on the Geocache site

VZ

I just attended a meeting of geocachers in Wendover on May 16th. It was mostly people from Utah but one guy from Ohio dropped in. Was alot of fun. It was posted as an event cache. We had lunch, discussed geocaching and played bingo for a bucket of donated geocache prizes. Check out 'Lunch at a Peppery Fun Spot' GC397F . It would be great if Nevada Geocachers had a get together and swapped ideas.