Caches in NE Georgia and Chattanooga

T-storm

I'll be traveling from Fort Worth to Georgia in a little less than 2 weeks. We fly in to Atlanta, but most of our trip will be spent in the northeast corner of Georgia, specifically operating out of the Clarkesville area. We will take a short trip up to the Chattanooga area and back as well. I'm hoping for some cache recommendations.

• We generally prefer non-virtual caches.

• We will have a 3-year-old along most of the time, though we might get one day to ourselves. Geoferret has been with us on most of our hunts, but there are some where we would not take her.

• If we cache around Chattanooga, we will have not only the 3-year-old, but also a person with mild to moderate physical limitations.

We love to cache, but most of all we love to have a really great cache experience. I already know that I want to do Reactor Road simply because of the importance of the area to my personal history. I will also be trying to pick up a cache somewhere near Hartsfield to drop off a TB I expect to have with me. Other than that I have no specific plans. Make some suggestions for target caches? I have also posted this message to the GGA board.

Thanks,

T-storm and Clan Geoferret

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

Unfortunately, We have only a few non vitural caches here in Chattanooga these are your best bet for your limitations.

Racoon Mtn. Pretty neat scenery and a fun tour on top but watch the three year old when you look for the cache.

The Giving Tree Just the one for the three year old.

The other side of the tracks A little farther north but a nice area for a walk.

And last but not least, The Green Mile Fun for the whole family and and infomative to boot.

Need I say that it's my favorite!

Hope this helps.

Let me know when you get to Chattanooga. I have a buffalo that needs a ride. icon_wink.gif

T-Storm,

We went in that area back in Sept. Stayed in Hiawassee. Beautiful place. Not a tourist area. But....the mountain caching in NorthEast Ga. is a whole different gig. I'll get back to you with some caches sometime today or tomorrow. Don't expect to get 8-10 caches in a day. The most we did in a day was 4-5. Long & winding.....veery long & winding roads. Did I mention LONG & WINDING ROADS. But worth every corner of the turn. Beautiful area. It's getting very chilly up there now, so be prepared. Watch for our post. H&SC....

ron50eli&rocker51

icon_cool.gif

... for the replies so far! We are looking forward to the trip.

Hikenit, we'll be in Chattanooga the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'll send you an e-mail to tell you how you can contact us if you really have a traveller you'd like to send south or west.

RonEli, yep, lots of winding roads! This will be the third year we've been to the area. Brokenwing was born in the area. Last year when we drove from Chattanooga to Clarkesville we jumped across a twisty little road that crosses the AT to pick up 17 at Helen. Geoferret is prone to being carsick... we had to bathe her on the trunk of our rental car stopped in a little wide spot with bottled water!

Thanks, guys!

T-storm

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching