Event Cache - How far will you go?

quote:
Originally posted by Snowtrail:

...I traveled 2 hours and stayed overnight for the NC Birkhead Bonfire though...

TWO HOURS FROM CHARLOTTE? Wow ... which road did you take? icon_biggrin.gif Sorry I missed that one ... I did just recently do the event cache (Birkhead Ghost). I was really sorry I couldn't make it after I read everyone's logs on the event.

348_2702.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Snowtrail:

...I traveled 2 hours and stayed overnight for the NC Birkhead Bonfire though...

TWO HOURS FROM CHARLOTTE? Wow ... which road did you take? icon_biggrin.gif Sorry I missed that one ... I did just recently do the event cache (Birkhead Ghost). I was really sorry I couldn't make it after I read everyone's logs on the event.

348_2702.gif

Depends on what kind of an event cache. If you mean one of the simple breakfast caches, about 100 miles one way is my limit unless I just happen to be traveling that way at about the right date for other purposes. If you mean you plan a full day or full weekend worth of activities, I'd probably travel more like 300-400 miles for an interesting one, farther if it coincided or could be made to coincide with vacation plans.

T-storm

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching