Urwigo won't upload without errors

K-and-K

Can anyone translate this message ?

in English , in basic terms please. I created two and now I can't upload my most recent file getting this error.  But I don't know what changed to cause this.

Using 64 bit windows 8.1 Pro

Error During Upload

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Exception of type 'System.ApplicationException' was thrown. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

IMG_6062.PNG

IMG_6064.PNG

Edited by K-and-K
please notify me on reply's did not select , opps

Wherigo type has been based on a fictional geocache hide. I have posted it as such to help others C/O's or Wherigo programmers, and to offer my assistance to help teach folks in our area on how to create these Wherigo's. If this interest you, please continue and/or contact the C/O to see if they can assist you.

So I would not be able to use this text ?

So, aside from your clicking "Advanced" and "Accept the Risk and Continue" to get to the site, if you're just trying to post your cartridge, you can export a GWZ from Urwigo and go into Groundspeak's Wherigo site and upload it manually.  And, no, you can't delete any of the cartridges you've uploaded.  This was an issue that was discussed when Groundspeak first released their Wherigo site in January 2008.  We can all assume it's not going to be fixed.

By the way, about the SSL certificate.  One could get a free certificate from authorities like LetsEncrypt, but the preferred way to get a certificate is expensive--and there's quite a cost associated with it (annually, between $150 and $400--more, if you want a wildcard certificate), and that's on top of the site hosting fees.

Wow. $$$

I believe I'm uploading it properly , but its when you download it, you get the error.

Microsoft active sync - Wherigo webpages are full of broken links.

http://www.Wherigo.com/contact.aspx - not a whole lot of support

I assume a pocket PC - is maybe an iPhone ?

Using with Wherigo Player for Pocket PC

If you don't have a cartridge directory already set up on your PC, we recommend creating one and saving the cartridge file to that directory. To move the cartridge to your mobile device, you will need to connect the device to your PC and use Microsoft ActiveSync to navigate to your cartridge directory on the device. You can simply copy and paste your cartridge from your PC into this directory. The directory is normally Groundspeak/Wherigo/Cartridges.

microsoft active sync.PNG

Edited by K-and-K