Feature suggestion: show physical waypoints for own caches and found caches when creating new cache

KapiteinRob

When I create a new cache listing, a map is shown of traditional caches with exclusion circles.

It would be most convenient if the physical waypoints and final location (plus circles) of other type of caches logged by me would be shown as well in that map.

In areas with many caches this would save me a lot of trial and error, and the reviewers task becomes easier as well because I will get it first time right much more often.

Thank you and best regards, KapiteinRob

• Helpful 1

Rather than automatically showing the physical waypoints of found caches, a better approach might be to show the edited coordinates of all caches with edited coordinates. That allows one to see the locations of unfound (but solved) puzzles, and doesn't provide a way to hack solutions (by posting bogus Finds so the coordinates are revealed).

4 hours ago, niraD said:

show the edited coordinates of all caches with edited coordinates. That allows one to see the locations of unfound (but solved) puzzles

This assumes the edited coords are correct =;-)  & serves as a check on whether they are - a version of your "bogus finds" statement. 

I could solve a Mystery cache by logging a find, and then looking at the planning map. Even if the Mystery CO  deletes my find, in the interim, I've worked out the final coords from the planning map.

Planning map: if i were prioritizing engineering time and money, I'd start with showing the posted coords of any staged cache where the listing indicates them as physical: Mystery (challenges mostly) Multi and LBH.   This would leave some older caches of those types unaddressed (created before there was a module to indicate status of listing coords).

Next up would be other unpublished caches of the CO, as the common error I see is series  where #3 is too close to #4 and  #7 #8 #9 are all too tight, etc. 

Edited by palmetto
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1