Newbie question about loading caches into my GPS

CharlieZulu

You don't need any app. With your 64S plugged into your computer, you should see it as a removable drive with a folder called Garmin\GPX. When you download a GPX file using "Download GPX", just place the downloaded file in that folder, dismount your GPSr (in Windows, right-click on the drive and select Eject) and away you go.

GPXFilesGoHere.jpg.9d6968997edf0e8eb0f1e75a8f0c4f99.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2

Thank you. Tried that, I see the files in the Garmin folder alright, but when I disconnect my unit and boot it up, and do a search for the cache file I just loaded, it isnt there.

I am going to the main menu, Fing-Geocache-menu-Spell Search,.... and it's not there. tried several different caches. They're not there in Waypoints, either/

What am I missing? I am using a Mac.

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 6.15.59 PM.png

I'm not familiar with the Mac but to me it looks like you've put those files in the Garmin's root folder. It won't see them there, they have to go in the device's Garmin/GPX folder. Go into the folder called Garmin (the second line down in the right panel of your screen shot), then in there will be another folder called GPX. That's where the GPX files have to go for it to read them.

The other thing I see is that you have some duplicates in there, specifically GC4HBJR and GC762M7. If you're updating a previously downloaded cache, you want it to overwrite the original, not add a (1), (2), etc. as that may confuse things.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

I'm not familiar with the Mac but to me it looks like you've put those files in the Garmin's root folder. It won't see them there, they have to go in the device's Garmin/GPX folder. Go into the folder called Garmin (the second line down in the right panel of your screen shot), then in there will be another folder called GPX. That's where the GPX files have to go for it to read them.

BINGO! Thanks very much.

14 hours ago, barefootjeff said: