Wherigo//kit to Phone Download

JFowlerGreene

Kit to the phone

There are three ways:

1a) (iPhone) (Not sure about this one) Download the GWC from Kit and email it to yourself. Open the Wherigo app, select to download a new cartridge (it'll open Wherigo.com), and browse to your online email box. Try to download the cartridge that way.

1b) (Android) Download the GWC from Kit to your micro SD card. You could use Dropbox or anything else as long as you can get it on the phone. Move it to whatever you set as WhereYouGo's cartridge folder.

2) You might be able to navigate to Kit on your phone. I haven't tried that.

3) (I've done this option before.) Publish the Kit cartridge to the WF site. You don't have to have the cartridge published on the site (via a publish log), just publish it to the site. Note the cartridge's WG code. Navigate on your phone to the site (make sure you log in) and you can then download the cartridge. If your cartridge is WG123, the easy URL would be wherigofoundation.com/WG123.

The official site

Yes, all Wherigo geocaches must have their cartridges reside on Wherigo.com and the cache page must link to the cartridge. This is good for me, personally, because I can then trash all the data on the WF site if necessary and load it from the Wherigo.com site if Groundspeak ever allows the WF site to be official. (Of course, I realize I'm going to have to merge the two sites since people are using the WF site as if it was the official production site. I'm not going to lose that data; it'll just take me a while to merge things.)

Make the cartridge available to everyone

On Wherigo.com, you check the box to show the cartridge in the online directory (on the edit cartridge page). On the WF site, you write a publication log entry.

(Sorry for the delayed reply. I spent last evening at the car dealership, doing some test driving.)

Edited by Ranger Fox

See if this is enough to help you. It's almost 1AM and I'm still remoted into work, helping someone finish a project on time.

-- Okay, so you know how to get the GWC from Kit, right? On the page with the list of your cartridges, click the cartridge. On the right side, you should see an option to download the GWC. Do that.

-- Next, email the GWC to yourself--an email address you can check on your phone.

-- Next, open WhereYouGo on the phone. You should be able to find its settings menu. Within this menu, you should see where it's looking for cartridges. I don't have an Android device, so I'm going off memory for this. You can change this folder. I'd suggest changing it to your downloads folder. You might have to look around on your device some to find it.

-- Now, check your email on your phone. You should see the file attachment, right? Download it. I believe it'll automatically go to your downloads folder. That's why I wanted you to set the folder in WhereYouGo, so once it's set, it'll be easier for you to do this next time.

-- Now, go back to WhereYouGo and see if the cartridge is listed there. If not, close and reopen it (or, if it has a refresh button or action, try that) to force the app to take another look at your downloads folder. Your cartridge should be listed there.