Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ratz and company

screen too dark

I traded my Magellan 315 for a used Meridian and the screen is so dark I can barely read it. I have tried to change the contrast without much success. Any help you can give me on how to tweek this gps will be appreciated.

I've had both of these units in the past. I have very fond memories of my Meridian Platinum.

It sounds like the LCD got baked in the sun. Usually, when this happens, you'll need to buy a new LCD and replace it. Sometimes auction sites have parts like this if you're handy enough to open the unit up and do a little soldering. I'm unaware of any way to reverse this effect.

I've had both of these units in the past. I have very fond memories of my Meridian Platinum.

It sounds like the LCD got baked in the sun. Usually, when this happens, you'll need to buy a new LCD and replace it. Sometimes auction sites have parts like this if you're handy enough to open the unit up and do a little soldering. I'm unaware of any way to reverse this effect.

how hard to replace the screen