How to show question again without leaving reentering zone

TiedyeSmileys

I am attempting a very basic Urwigo. I have presented the player with a question with a choice of 3 answers. When the correct one is answered, all is good. They get a message, then next zone is displayed and becomes active.

When the wrong answer is selected, they get my dialog but then the screen goes blank. They have to leave then re-enter the zone to get the original question displayed again. How can I force the display back to the original question selections on entering the zone when they get the question wrong?

Generically:

On your message stating the wrong answer, there should be a way to set an event for when the user clicks the button in the message box to dismiss it. Use that event to call the input again.

One issue we all have is if some player apps allow a player to cancel out of an input. You still need a way to show the input.

The horridly ugly:

And this brings us to an ugly issue due to GPS position shift. If the GPS signal places the player outside your zone, then back in, that input will display again because your zone is active and the Wherigo engine registered the player left the zone and reentered. If the person is playing on a Garmin GPSr (I hope not), this will cause the GPSr to shut down. One solution is to deactivate the zone. If you do this and the player app allows the player to exit out of the input without triggering any cartridge events (specifically, input validation), we now have a problem as the zone is inactive and there's no way for the input to show. Thus, the player can't proceed and must start over. There's no way around this I care to explore, so don't ask. Just know that for some apps, this could be a possibility.

I think for most of my Cartridges, I usually deactivate the Zone once the player has entered it, and the question/input screen is activated. If the wrong answer is selected, there is a button to return to the question/input screen again, to try again. This seems to work to remove the Zone entering/exiting as a condition to activating the question/input screen. The player will just stay in that loop until the correct answer is selected and the next Zone is activated.

Yes, I agree there should be a way to set an event to bring me back to the start, that is actually what I am asking, how do I do that in URWIGO? :)

Generically:

On your message stating the wrong answer, there should be a way to set an event for when the user clicks the button in the message box to dismiss it. Use that event to call the input again.

One issue we all have is if some player apps allow a player to cancel out of an input. You still need a way to show the input.