New Access to API for Windows Phone Devs?

Now that the official Geocaching app is being pulled from Windows Phone, users will need to find an alternative. Being both a long time Windows Phone user and geocacher, I have found very few good choices. That being said, the situation is not going to change if API access is not available for new developers to try their hand at making new apps. I was going to try doing so myself, but quickly discovered this roadblock. Will developers who wish to try making Windows Phone apps be able to gain new access to the API given the circumstances?

Yes, I find this strange, myself. I was denied access last autumn with no reason at all. I told I wanted to make a Universal Windows 10 app and was denied without any explanation given :unsure:

Well, maybe we'll get an answer from HQ on this at some point if they are watching these threads. It would be nice to give others a chance to build new apps. I feel as though many smaller devs might not have previously tried making a Windows app knowing that there was an officially supported app out there with which to compete. Either way, we need more apps and for that to happen we need devs to have access to the API.

I also have many ideas for a windows phone - or perhaps also a universal App. As there is no Groundspeak App on the market any more I think now is the time to give interested developers the possibility to design there own Apps and deploy them via market place. Especially because the only available App is nearly useless (e.g. it does not show the notes!!!), even if you pay 2,99€!