window 10

Banafor

Just upgraded to window10 and I can no longer download gpx (cache information) to my colorado 300 gps need help.

What are you using to download the gpx file? There is a discussion about Windows 10, including people who are having trouble with the Garmin communicator in this thread.. Have you tried saving the gpx file directly to the garmin/gpx folder on your Colorado or sd card? If so, what have you tried? Does your computer recognize the colorado as a device or drive when it is plugged into a USB port?

Edited by geodarts

No I did not try to download direclty garmin GPX folder. Yes my computer does see my Colorado. Further Garmin express can also see my Colorado and it did confirm that I was up to date with SW. The problem I am having is when it try to download a cache to my GPS geocaching does not see my Garmin colorado and it ask that I download garmin communication driver.

In the thread linked above, some people report they have had success with the communicator. But I have not used the communicator in years - ever since I purchased a Colorado. It seemed easier to save a gpx file to the garmin/gpx folder, regardless of whether I was transferring a single cache from this site, unzipping a pocket query to move the file over to the unit, or using a third party cache manager like GSAK or the iPhone app I now use.

If you really want to use the communicator, the problem you have may be related to permissions or other settings, so you might want to join the discussion there (or at another communicator thread in the website forum). Let people know the browser you are using.