Turn off Geocaching Viewer in Google Earth

Life Is Action

I am using a MacBook Pro with the latest update for the operating system.

I downloaded the Geocaching Google Earth Viewer for Google Earth and was pleased to see the geocaches populate in Google Earth. Now I can't get it turned off. I read your instructions which said right click on the Geocaching Google Earth Viewer and turn it off under preferences. I right clicked on the viewer but did not get the option to adjust the preferences. Where is the Geocaching Google Earth Viewer? I thought it would be right where the google earth map was with the geocaches on it?

Can anyone help me?

Sorry but this doesn't help. I already read these instructions and tried to bring up the preferences. I don't know if there is a difference between the Google Earth Viewer and the Geocaching Google Earth Viewer. Either way, when I right click, I can't bring up the preferences and turn off populating the map with geocaches which is what I am trying to do?

I found the answer to my question:

There is a little checkbox on the left hand side of Google Earth under the "Places" heading. If you uncheck this you can turn on and off the geocache overlays. You would think it would be under the "Layers" checkbox but it is not - it is under "Places" This checkbox window can be toggled on and off from the icons on the Google Earth icons just above the Google Map. Mine is right next to the yellow pin.

I never was able to right click on the MacBook Pro and access the preferences Geocaching.com is talking about in their instructions. What's with that anybody?